• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Let's just move on to the next offer. Everybody smile today.

^^

For the record, I jumped in not only because I'm a collector of golden age, but because it seemed like a lot of guys were piling on uchiha for what seemed to me like an extremely generous offering. (Disclaimer: I haven't read the other 650 pages here to see what might be fueling the negativity... but it seems like the thread was conceived in a positive spirit, so I'd gently suggest dialing it down a touch.)

I'll post something up tonight or tomorrow AM... cheers all, see you then.

:hi:

:takeit:

Batman #4 only. :sumo: (thumbs u

(The Action #15 is too valuable to be tossed in... though I appreciate the gesture... and I don't want you to feel pressured into including it. Hang onto the Action and the Xmen, or if you don't want them, sell them off and fund more of your collection.)

I'm new to this thread but will look for something to post up. Stay tuned folks. :hi:

thanks someone just made me an offer so I took it off and updated the offer

(thumbs u you'll fit right in (are you related to chip by chance ? :baiting: )

Just a few points.

@uchiha101 - No one is claiming you were a donkey. I thought the Batman #4 was a pretty cool offer. You don't see many (any) GA Batmans offered up here. I think people were initially upset that it appeared that you were flippantly saying "I'm not switching it up. meh " along with selling what you could offer up for $ in direct contradiction of saying you don't have anything else to offer up -- Obviously people know that's more of a "can't" than a "won't". Again, your offer was good. (thumbs u

People need to tone some of the butthurt down a bit here. I understand I haven't always been the best at "leading through example". :blush: But the rules are pretty clear. People have a day to list an offer. I hope in the future people can respect that. No need for :taptaptap::frustrated::ohnoez: if people don't immediately post their offer. They have a day. The longer they wait, they're only hurting themselves. As pointed out, due to uchiha's delay, the amount of time for the 48 hour rule to be used was really limited.

Finally, as I touched up on earlier - the ONLY one that should be judging offers is the person who just had their offer claimed since they are the only one giving anything to a community member (the whole point of the thread). They can ask what people think for advice, but there is a reason that they are the only one to have veto power. In this instance, if Beige felt the offer was more than fair, he shouldn't veto. :sumo:

This thread isn't about forcing someone to offer up their entire collection because they feel piled on. Why would anyone come back? The only reason we have a strike system in place is to prevent donkeys from taking a generous offer and in return drop shipping a $15 TPB from Amazon. ;)

I applaud Point Five for taking the Batman #4 and NOT taking the additional offers as he really only had interest in the Batman #4 and not just taking advantage of uchiha feeling pressured. :applause: Welcome to the thread! :foryou:

I guess the bottom line - the rules are in place to prevent people from taking advantage and nothing more. It appears that uchiha wasn't taking advantage of anything. If his offer wasn't claimed, he gets a strike and we move on. It's not the end of the world. It's going to happen that people are fair and honest with their offers and they get strikes (e.g. Wall-Crawler).

(The Action #15 is too valuable to be tossed in... though I appreciate the gesture... and I don't want you to feel pressured into including it. Hang onto the Action and the Xmen, or if you don't want them, sell them off and fund more of your collection.)

I'm new to this thread but will look for something to post up. Stay tuned folks. :hi:

And I ask people - please don't do this. There is a certain level of doochieness with regards to someone working behind the scenes and PMing offerors to BUY their offering instead of just claiming it and offering something up. It shows a complete lack of disregard for any sense of community and is completely self-serving. meh

Either participate or wait until the offer expires to discuss buying it. (thumbs u

And I ask people - please don't do this. There is a certain level of doochieness with regards to someone working behind the scenes and PMing offerors to BUY their offering instead of just claiming it and offering something up. It shows a complete lack of disregard for any sense of community and is completely self-serving. meh

Either participate or wait until the offer expires to discuss buying it. (thumbs u

I didn't think that would happen he talked to me about that the offer was fair and he's offering to buy and I need the money and also the bat #4 has been taken

forget I mentioned that act 15 then my mistake :blush:

Edited by uchiha101

I don't think they are related - who do you think offered him money for the Action book? :devil:

I don't think they are related - who do you think offered him money for the Action book? :devil:

Chip? the guy with the smoking baby avatar> lol not related

You??? :o

if you're asking point five I'm not sure I know I'm not related to chip

Let's just move on to the next offer. Everybody smile today.

^^

For the record, I jumped in not only because I'm a collector of golden age, but because it seemed like a lot of guys were piling on uchiha for what seemed to me like an extremely generous offering. (Disclaimer: I haven't read the other 650 pages here to see what might be fueling the negativity... but it seems like the thread was conceived in a positive spirit, so I'd gently suggest dialing it down a touch.)

I'll post something up tonight or tomorrow AM... cheers all, see you then.

:hi:

Thanks man appreciate the comment :)

Christ on a stick - it seems every time I give away a nice slab it all goes to hell in a handcart.

You can do whatever you deem appropriatw with the offer, but now explain me what your first sentence means. It doesn’t sound exaggeratedly good, or respectful.

It's English Claudio - as in British 'speak' . It's not your first language so understandably, you don't get it.

Perhaps PM next time, and I'll explain it to you. It's not as if we don't have one already going on.

I see the slang – no matter the language, it’s not respectful at all.

You??? :o

I was worried that emoticon was confusing. It wasn't me - I was joking and was pointing the finger at Chip. Its only fair I got a finger pointed at me in the process.

I'm pretty straight forward on how I do things and I would never think to offer someone some cash for a book included in an offer. I'm hoping who ever did it was trying to look out for the guy and didn't want to have him offer too much. I have no clue how much those books are worth since I stay pretty much away from coverless books in general.