• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Regarding the Y: The Last Man TPB

any chance after scturo is done with them I can be the next one in line? I did the research after all.

Picked up the Y TPBs already. They can go to next in line.

Looks like you get them next Dude. (thumbs u

I hope you enjoy them and when you're done, I only ask that you give them back here and keep them in this thread. :baiting:

cancel this request immediately

this was not presented to me as a RAK afaik-- it was a "share a book" which was going to be given to the next in line. I have NEVER received this item and as far as I know it is with scturo. I had absolutely no intention of keeping these books beyond the time it took me to read them.

:facepalm: So someone calls you out indirectly and instead of saying you know your right I have taken from the thread. Let me see what I can offer back to it, you get all defensive and butthurt.

You are the one who was all up into Harvey because you wanted the thread to stay alive. Put your word's into action and quit sitting on the sidelines drinking everyone else's koolaide.

:cloud9:

I want free stuff! I just don't want anyone to know about it! :sumo:

I guess we needed a new "share a book" limb to the tree? (shrug)

Let's keep this thread going! :whee:

I have no problems giving the Dude as many drawings as he wants. If people like my drawings that makes me happy.

remember RAKs are just free giving-they don't require the taker to also give something.

Very true but if all you do is take and never give the thread dies,true. The nature of the thread should be to give more than you take. Just my take on it.

I've taken one RAK, and posted a RAK the same day. It didn't get taken, but I tried. lol

There are always more givers than takers for RAKs-it feels awful when no one takes your RAK-I would rather someone took it even if it's someone who already took a dozen RAKs. Please, someone take my gift, is my feeling.

remember RAKs are just free giving-they don't require the taker to also give something.

Very true but if all you do is take and never give the thread dies,true. The nature of the thread should be to give more than you take. Just my take on it.

Except, like Kav said, you don't have to give anything back after claiming one. Seems like donkey bait to me. Akin to smearing mess all over your house and getting mad when the flies show up. But what do I know.

There are always more givers than takers for RAKs-it feels awful when no one takes your RAK-I would rather someone took it even if it's someone who already took a dozen RAKs. Please, someone take my gift, is my feeling.

That's because your RAK is really nice.

I think a mellower attitude would serve the tree well. A gift is between two people-the giver and the recipient.

Everyone thinks the giver is losing something and the taker is gaining something. That's not true. I get immense satisfaction from giving-all the taker gets is a drawing. If someone takes 10 of my drawings, he's made me feel good 10 times.

I think a mellower attitude would serve the tree well. A gift is between two people-the giver and the recipient.

Everyone thinks the giver is losing something and the taker is gaining something. That's not true. I get immense satisfaction from giving-all the taker gets is a drawing. If someone takes 10 of my drawings, he's made me feel good 10 times.

I agree with Kav. There will always be people who claim more than others, but I don't see a huge problem unless they're just snatching every offer up right when it's posted. But if a RAK sits for a couple of days, I don't think it matters who takes it.

If a RAK is up for days and no one wants it is it better to leave it untaken because people don't want to 'take too much'? I say no.

RAK stands for RANDOM act of kindness. Look at the long list of all-time RAKs above. Most of the RAK offering were not by people who were doing so right after they took something as some form of obligation ...but just because they had something to offer and wanted to contribute.

I know, personally, when I come across something I think will make a cool RAK I'm happy to post it.

So as everyone here is saying in different ways... For those who want this to continue? It's really really simple. Look at the master list of RAKs. Have you ever offered one? If not? Then your next post should be a RAK, not a comment about the best way to keep this going.

This is doubly true if you look at that list and see you've been on the receiving end of RAK/s before and have still not posted one of your own.

RAK stands for RANDOM act of kindness. Look at the long list of all-time RAKs above. Most of the RAK offering were not by people who were doing so right after they took something as some form of obligation ...but just because they had something to offer and wanted to contribute.

I know, personally, when I come across something I think will make a cool RAK I'm happy to post it.

So as everyone here is saying in different ways... For those who want this to continue? It's really really simple. Look at the master list of RAKs. Have you ever offered one? If not? Then your next post should be a RAK, not a comment about the best way to keep this going.

This is doubly true if you look at that list and see you've been on the receiving end of RAK/s before and have still not posted one of your own.

The list can be sort of deceiving, though. As I stated a few posts ago, I posted a RAK after I claimed one. My RAK went unclaimed, so it was removed from the list after a week. So it's hard to tell who offered what and if they did.

People aren't snatching up RAKs after taking several-they seem to wait to see if anyone wants it first-as in the case with the Woodgod sketch.