• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I have RAKs ready to go

You could say something like this for the RAK thread:

The giving tree is gone but the RAKs are still here. Post a Random gift that you want someone to have. Anyone can claim it but the giver can veto the claim say if someone is taking too much. No strings, no strikes, just pure giving.

I have RAKs ready to go

You could say something like this for the RAK thread:

The giving tree is gone but the RAKs are still here. Post a Random gift that you want someone to have. Anyone can claim it but the giver can veto the claim say if someone is taking too much. No strings, no strikes, just pure giving.

And Vetoes. Giving and vetoes!

You guys don't need a new thread. :D Just post RAK's here. I didn't necessarily "close" the thread. I just don't want to update the list and play the part of evil dictator/moderator anymore. :shy:

And I like Kav's idea that anyone can offer things for free and SHOULD be allowed to say "no" for whatever reason they want. (thumbs u

Chaseman if you wanna start a RAK thread you'll have to keep track of givers/takers so donkeys don't take advantage.

Chaseman if you wanna start a RAK thread you'll have to keep track of givers/takers so donkeys don't take advantage.

I think it needs to be community run. It really is somewhat of a burden for one person to update a list like this. It can easily be a floating, community run list. When someone wants to offer up something, they just add their name with a link to their offering. When someone claims it, they just quote the list again and add their name as a recipient.

I think it needs to be community run. It really is somewhat of a burden for one person to update a list like this. It can easily be a floating, community run list. When someone wants to offer up something, they just add their name with a link to their offering. When someone claims it, they just quote the list again and add their name as a recipient.

So does everyone think we should just change this to a RAK thread or start a new one? I think RAKs would still qualify as The Giving Tree. Just throw up RAKs, anyone can claim, and then hopefully there will be a revolving door of people giving and claiming.

So does everyone think we should just change this to a RAK thread or start a new one? I think RAKs would still qualify as The Giving Tree. Just throw up RAKs, anyone can claim, and then hopefully there will be a revolving door of people giving and claiming.

Isn't that basically the PIF thread? I definetely would not attempt to start up another thread - if Harvey can't make it work you would be destined for failure. The PIF thread was abondoned to allow people the ability to veto an offer and require people to wait a month between offers which now seems to have been nullified by the GT thread officially closing. What is the new intent of this thread that is different than PIF? People can now offer and accept as much as they want and the participating members will keep everyone honest. Sounds fun - best of luck guys.