• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Cool. Feel bad for Harvey. Dude must have spent so much time trying to keep this together. But kudos to him for even getting it this far. I would have burned this thread down 400 pages ago when everyone was arguing about market value of offers.

Good Job Harv. :applause:

I have my doubts that an all RAK thread would work. I would like to think it would, but I am worried with no accountability, a few may take and take and never give back... That would be a shame.

I have my doubts that an all RAK thread would work. I would like to think it would, but I am worried with no accountability, a few may take and take and never give back... That would be a shame.

I think the flip side is almost more likely. No one wants to take an offer since they do not want to be seen as "takers ".

It didn't become a problem in this thread. I believe there were a few people who members had to :baiting: because the taker thought they were taking too much. I know there were rules in place for TGT, but the RAKs seemed fine with the taker's own accountability.

Well, if this thread is coming to a close, can I :takeit: the Spidey RAK?

:facepalm:

:o

See above. lol

Well, heck, I've got this big box o Spidey all packed up with no place to go...

:sorry:

Well, if we ever figure out what direction this thread is going, :takeit:

...But I'm not really sure where everything stands right now....

Where it stands as far as I'm concerned is you're a ^^

PM me your info and I'll finish off the box and happily get it on its way to you.

It didn't become a problem in this thread. I believe there were a few people who members had to :baiting: because the taker thought they were taking too much. I know there were rules in place for TGT, but the RAKs seemed fine with the taker's own accountability.

I think when you look at the big list that Justin posted of all the RAKs there have been, it's pretty clear there's a core group of really generous people who've posted a ton of RAKs, and then a lot of others of us who have chipped in too once in a while.

And I do recall a few times people would post a RAK and say "this is for someone who hasn't taken one yet" or some such thing...so it might not even have to be vetoes...people could post their RAKs and then along with it any "qualifications, conditions, etc" you want before someone can take it. Hey it could be "Tell five people in your life how much you love them today" if you wanted.

And yes, because it's free stuff we simply can veto certain folks and all that. Someone comes here and burns the place down for four pages on a Tuesday and then throws up an :takeit: to an offer I post on a Friday? Let's just say they shouldn't sit by their mailbox waiting!

It seems like it would be easy enough to put a few rules in place about claiming RAKs. For example:

Offers between claiming: you must wait for x number of offers after making a claim

Time between claiming: you must wait for x number of days after making a claim

Amount of claims: you can only claim x amount of offers per month

No rules needed. Just personal accountability by a claimer and honesty by an offeror. If an offeror feels that someone has claimed enough and they would like someone new to claim something, it should be perfectly acceptable for them to say "no" or "veto" or whatever needs to be said and the offer should still stand.

There was concern at one point of people simply claiming free offering after free offering. I PMed people when I thought it had potential to turn into something more than what it was and everyone was always receptive and respectful. Sometimes people just need a friendly :baiting: rather than more rules.

With that being said NOONE should ever complain about someone saying no and criticize their decision to do so. That should be common sense since the offeror is giving away something for free. If they'd like a new recipient to claim it instead of someone who has already claimed several:

:news: Just speak your mind :news:

No rules needed. Just personal accountability by a claimed and honesty by an offeror. If an offeror feels that someone has claimed enough and they would like someone new to claim something, it should be perfectly acceptable for them to say "no" or "veto" or whatever needs to be said and the offer should still stand.

There was concern at one point of people simply claiming free offering after free offering. I PMed people when I thought it had potential to turn into something more than what it was and everyone was always receptive and respectful. Sometimes people just need a friendly :baiting: rather than more rules.

With that being said NOONE should ever complain about someone saying no and criticize their decision to do so. That should be common sense since the offeror is giving away something for free. If they'd like a new recipient to claim it instead of someone who has already claimed several:

:news: Just speak your mind :news:

^^

I think this can continue to be a pretty cool thread!