• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So In Fact NOBODY Yet Has A Complete DC Collection - NOBODY !!!!!!

159 posts in this topic

I found a super rare (only three known copies) Golden Age DC that no-one realised was a DC....

"Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics" by M.C. Gaines, from 1942, and distributed by All American, which of course was part of DC, and also containing an otherwise unavailable segment of Picture Stories From The Bible, which of course started out also as a DC.

It is listed in Overstreet as only two known copies, but now I got the third copy.

And dear old Christine Farrell hasn't got THAT one, so her collection isn't complete after all.

Which means both she and I need one DC to complete our collections of EVERY DC ever actually released.

So NOBODY in the whole wide world has a complete set, despite those erroneous claims in Gemstones newsletter.

WHAT AN AMAZING TWIST OF FATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a super rare (only three known copies) Golden Age DC that no-one realised was a DC....

"Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics" by M.C. Gaines, from 1942, and distributed by All American, which of course was part of DC, and also containing an otherwise unavailable segment of Picture Stories From The Bible, which of course started out also as a DC.

It is listed in Overstreet as only two known copies, but now I got the third copy.

And dear old Christine Farrell hasn't got THAT one, so her collection isn't complete after all.

Which means both she and I need one DC to complete our collections of EVERY DC ever actually released.

So NOBODY in the whole wide world has a complete set, despite those erroneous claims in Gemstones newsletter.

You can do it, Ian. You can still be the first. thumbsup2.gif

You can do it, Ian. You can still be the first.

I could be the first if I could afford to pay a certain BSD's crippling ten times guide nonsense price for New Adventure 26, but out of pure principle, I still won't do it. I refuse. Plus I couldn't afford even if I wanted to.

You're going to be wondering why you're getting the response you're going to get from this post... but the sane people have long ago left the building, I'm afraid.

Which is probably why I've still logged on every day but have found nothing to post about for weeks.

But this time I thought this nugget of information HAD to be of interest to anyone interested in the history of DC comics.

Although obviously it won't remotely interest certain vociferous collectors of modern Marvels one iota.

Ian is JUST a little bit person_without_enough_empathyy today. Put the claws back in. grin.gif

Ian is JUST a little bit person_without_enough_empathyy today. Put the claws back in. grin.gif

I'd pay money to see Ian and Christine in a person_without_enough_empathyy little slap fight wink.gif Wanna take bets on who would win?

I'll have to check back in on this thread a little later tonight, by which time it should be up to page 15 at least.

You really needed a couple of yay.gif to set things off.

You can do it, Ian. You can still be the first.

I could be the first if I could afford to pay a certain BSD's crippling ten times guide nonsense price for New Adventure 26, but out of pure principle, I still won't do it. I refuse. Plus I couldn't afford even if I wanted to.

I don't blame you for not wanting to pay 10 times the amount. If it's a principal issue then I completely agree with you, but if it's money related then I'm sure you can slightly downgrade a few of your non-rare Batman or Superman issues to make up the difference (just a thought).

I'd pay money to see Ian and Christine in a person_without_enough_empathyy little slap fight wink.gif Wanna take bets on who would win?

Killer idea! We could have our own version of celebrity boxing. Livecast on the internet, $24.99 on your credit card. Winner gets that one Adventure Ian is jonesing for. Match is in a steel cage filled with two feet of green jello, and they both have to wear diapers! sumo.gif

I'll have to check back in on this thread a little later tonight, by which time it should be up to page 15 at least.

yeahok.gif Whatever. Who's Frankie Vincent, btw, and what has he done with gpcove?

yeahok.gif Whatever. Who's Frankie Vincent, btw, and what has he done with gpcove?

Well, he's left his signature the same, but when all you can see is brown...

Getting a little off topic here, but may be not...

I was going to post this in the Giveaway and premiums forum, but figured since this is active that this would be the place to do it...

I just saw this in a book called "Collecting Classic Video Games" by Billy Galaxy and wanted to know if you had these Ian:

atari.jpg