• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So In Fact NOBODY Yet Has A Complete DC Collection - NOBODY !!!!!!

159 posts in this topic

You can do it, Ian. You can still be the first. thumbsup2.gif

Besides which, it never was a race.

But having said that, and having seen the other party's outrageous press release, done purely to show me up, I have to laugh.

You're a complete tool! sleeping.gif

Your failure to think outside the box to obtain the ONE and ONLY issue that has eluded you leads me to believe that you don't WANT to find the last DC to finish your collection. I think you're afraid of fulfillment. Otherwise, you would have come to terms with the 'extortionist' as you call him and you'd be on your merry way to shortening that promo list of yours.

Ian = Thanos? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stand down! I am trying to conduct a long-distance motivational speech!! YOU THINK THIS KIND OF THING IS EASY?! YOU THINK IT'S A GAME?! HE'S AN EMOTIONLESS BRIT, FOR GOD'S SAKE! SOMEONE'S GOT TO FIRE HIM UP!

'sides, he obviously just doesn't want it that much.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the books existence as a DC is only as a giveaway newspaper supplement, wouldn't it belong in Ian's less complete "giveaway" collection, as opposed to his newstand DCs?

Ian,

While I wish you the best in completing your collection and enjoy your posts, you do come across as a bit mad, chortling over the possession of an obscure quasi-DC giveaway that your apparent collecting nemesis does not possess, and insisting it is evidence that neither of you have managed to aquire a complete DC collection.

I fear you may become completely unhinged should Adventure #26 continue to elude you.

You are not even a typical comic collector, as you carre nothing about the hobby or anything related to it. You only care for yourself and your collection. That kind of self-centeredness is appalling, and I hope you never get a hold of that last issue.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You are not even a typical comic collector, as you carre nothing about the hobby or anything related to it. You only care for yourself and your collection. That kind of self-centeredness is appalling, and I hope you never get a hold of that last issue.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I wondered about that statement too... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

He cares nothing about pedigree comics.

He cares nothing about CGC or slabbed books.

He cares nothing about restoration.

He cares nothing about value of comics.

He cares nothing about other publishers.

He cares nothing about the direction of the hobby.

He cares nothing about using his achievement to help others.

Most of us all have our own style of collecting, but we also are concerned with comic related issues. Ian only cares about his collection and nothing else about the hobby.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

Most of us all have our own style of collecting, but we also are concerned with comic related issues. Ian only cares about his collection and nothing else about the hobby.

You don't see any irony at all in your original statement?

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

confused.gif

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

confused.gif

Well most, if not all, collectors REALLY only care about the field they collect in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

confused.gif

Well most, if not all, collectors REALLY only care about the field they collect in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's not ironic.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

confused.gif

That's not ironic.

Don'tcha not think?

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll translate.

confused.gif

That's not ironic.

Maybe not, but it's true. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very true, but that's not what I said. I would think that most, if not all collectors care about the issues within the hobby. Things such as restoration, preservation, enjoyment, and value.

Also, as comic book collectors I would hope we should be able to appreciate a comic even though we may not collect that genre, title, etc. I don't collect Golden Age books, but I can appreciate them for what they are.

Very true, but that's not what I said. I would think that most, if not all collectors care about the issues within the hobby. Things such as restoration, preservation, enjoyment, and value.

Also, as comic book collectors I would hope we should be able to appreciate a comic even though we may not collect that genre, title, etc. I don't collect Golden Age books, but I can appreciate them for what they are.

That's ironic.

That's ironic.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's ironic.

Ironic Man

107.gif

I found a super rare (only three known copies) Golden Age DC that no-one realised was a DC....

"Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics" by M.C. Gaines, from 1942, and distributed by All American, which of course was part of DC, and also containing an otherwise unavailable segment of Picture Stories From The Bible, which of course started out also as a DC.

It is listed in Overstreet as only two known copies, but now I got the third copy.

And dear old Christine Farrell hasn't got THAT one, so her collection isn't complete after all.

Which means both she and I need one DC to complete our collections of EVERY DC ever actually released.

So NOBODY in the whole wide world has a complete set, despite those erroneous claims in Gemstones newsletter.

WHAT AN AMAZING TWIST OF FATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you always have to keep mentioning that you have almost every DC comic known to mankind? Everyone on these boards knows that, so get over it. It seems like every other week or so there has to be some message on the boards talking about your near complete DC collection. It is an impressive feat but move on. To use a very English word, its so masturbatory that you keep talking about your world's greatest DC collection. Stop wanking, please.

Why do you always have to keep mentioning that you have almost every DC comic known to mankind? Everyone on these boards knows that, so get over it. It seems like every other week or so there has to be some message on the boards talking about your near complete DC collection. It is an impressive feat but move on.

I see nothing wrong with Ian bringing up his collection at every opportunity. If I had amassed such an impressive collection, I would want to acknowledge it to like minded individuals. What better place than a comic book forum? I have read negativity toward Ian’s quest but I respect his pursuit of obtaining ever DC copy. hail.gif Keep up the hunting Ian. thumbsup2.gif

I found a super rare (only three known copies) Golden Age DC that no-one realised was a DC....

"Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics" by M.C. Gaines, from 1942, and distributed by All American, which of course was part of DC, and also containing an otherwise unavailable segment of Picture Stories From The Bible, which of course started out also as a DC.

It is listed in Overstreet as only two known copies, but now I got the third copy.

And dear old Christine Farrell hasn't got THAT one, so her collection isn't complete after all.

Which means both she and I need one DC to complete our collections of EVERY DC ever actually released.

So NOBODY in the whole wide world has a complete set, despite those erroneous claims in Gemstones newsletter.

WHAT AN AMAZING TWIST OF FATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian, you are referring to an E.C. comic not a D.C. comic!

http://cgccomics.com/poplookup/searchres...&imageField.y=0

BTW, Narrative Illustration is a pamphlet reprint book as the interior was published previously in another book,

My .02 -

I wouldn't take the information on CGC's database as gospel; they're clearly wrong on a couple of other issues.

For example, they list the following "Suzie" Comics as being produced by MLJ:

Suzie Pop-Lookup

MLJ became Archie Comics during the summer of 1946; beginning with Pep #56 and Archie #19 they no longer called themselves "MLJ". Suzie lasted until about issue 54 or 55 with the MLJ moniker. There's a Suzie right now up on EBAY from 1950 that lists MLJ as the publisher frustrated.gif

Anyway, IAN, you know I hope you complete your quest, but after your "pro-Michael Moore tirade" and these posts in this thread, even the guy who gave you a free Buzzy #70 is getting a bit tired of it all. I mean c'mon dude - you can't honestly re-read your posts and tell me even you don't think it's a quest to be first.

I looked at that auction for the book you just bought - where does it say anything about All-American? confused.gif

Shawn