• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong back cover on that USA comics #1 (cover only) on ebay...

28 posts in this topic

:facepalm:

I actually saw earlier the seller's listings, with lots of slabbed "covers only" books. I was trying to figure out why you would bother getting just a cover CGC graded? All I could think of was to authenticate that it was genuine, not a repro of some kind....

But here they have failed to even correctly identify the wrong back cover :cry:

Blissard (the seller in question) is the Dentist right?
no, Anderson is thebiglou and redmelvin.

Ah ok, I knew he had a few screen names on there.

yah. He may have a third name too. Can't recall. I bought my cap 3 from him under "thebiglou" back in 2000. I also remember seeing a first wrap only of Tec 27 being offered under "redmelvin".

yah. He may have a third name too. Can't recall. I bought my cap 3 from him under "thebiglou" back in 2000. I also remember seeing a first wrap only of Tec 27 being offered under "redmelvin".

Ben, pretty sure it's "thebigloo".

Ben, pretty sure it's "thebigloo".

yah I think you're correct Jeff on the spelling :)

That's a Mystic 6 back cover :o
are you sure? CGC missed that one.

Definitely not the right back cover. Here's a link to Heritage and the Billy Wright copy:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/usa-comics-1-billy-wright-pedigree-timely-1941-cgc-nm-92-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7054-91147.s

Could also be the back cover to a Human Torch #5 (#4).

Yeah, I was thinking about that... the inside back cover to mystic #6 is the same as the back cover to usa #1 and I wonder if that's how cgc missed it. I don't know what the inside back cover to human torch 5/4 looks like.

Yeah, I was thinking about that... the inside back cover to mystic #6 is the same as the back cover to usa #1 and I wonder if that's how cgc missed it. I don't know what the inside back cover to human torch 5/4 looks like.

Not sure about the inside, but here's the outside of the Torch back cover:

humantorch5bc.jpg