• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tHE HUMANS- Keenan Marshall Keller and Tom Neely

225 posts in this topic

Did they ever state what the print run was or did they just make mention of it after stating the book was going back to the printer?

Its not that uncommon, especially with creators that publish and sell through Last Gasp. Since Henry and Glenn is a Last Gasp type title (a book largely distributed only through Last Gasp's website) I would expect them to have that kind of mentality

Did they ever state what the print run was or did they just make mention of it after stating the book was going back to the printer?

Its not that uncommon, especially with creators that publish and sell through Last Gasp. Since Henry and Glenn is a Last Gasp type title (a book largely distributed only through Last Gasp's website) I would expect them to have that kind of mentality

I have never spoken to the creators.

Just heard substantial rumor that more "1st prints" were printed to satisfy their web store demand.

I bought a bunch. I'm pissed...

From 1500 to 3000 doesn't phase me at all personally. I absolutely see the side of collectors for it to be an issue but I must side with the creators. Many self publishers are not aware of a need to label additional books a second print run. If they knew it would sell out I'm sure they would have bankrolled the lot of 3000 off the get go. Yet if it doesn't sell that money out of ther pocket and food off the table. They are creators who have created biker ape gangs after all.

If Marvel did this that would be one thing, but these are two untainted creators putting up their own money.

After reading the book and drawing the connection with Last Gasp etc I think its pretty interesting that Image is showing interest in a comic book which drives (not pun) heavy influences from underground comix. Maybe it means nothing, but if this works, this may lead to a new trend.

A big fan of comix like this was/is Chuck of milehigh, and I can almost guarantee you he will push this title, if he isnt already..

Now where is my stash of Horny Biker Slut comix

You should check out Image's soon-to-be-released "Punks". That was a true underground book and all of their fans are saying they sold out.

I think Larry is right. At first I was "ok" with a 1500 to 3000 copy increase (since it's still a low #), but the more I think about it, it really does stink. It should be a 2nd print.

It's adorable how those that bought copies are "ok" with the reprint.

I never knew what the print run was until it was announced on the official website that plans were to double the initial run of 1500 - thats the main reason I don't care. I can't get upset about something that didn't affect my decision to buy the books in the first place.

Really looking forward to reading this title.

I have never spoken to the creators.

Just heard substantial rumor that more "1st prints" were printed to satisfy their web store demand.

I bought a bunch. I'm pissed...

I bought a bunch as well....not cool about the reprint but it is what it is. Totally cool and well justified if it said 2nd print.

The problem I have is how can you not know you oversold. Wouldn't you have an inventory of how many you have left to sell? It couldn't be too hard being such a low print. Didn't they place the amount of copies available on their website? I watched the first several hundred copies sell out then saw 500 or so more available until it had another sell out. So my question is, did they know it was already sold out while allowing copies to be bought on their website?

As for the 1st printing, I hope the "reprinting" is successful, meaning they look the same as the first 1500 copies. I'm not cool if it is a 2nd print, I paid good hard earned money for what at the time of purchase was a 1st print comic. If my copies arrive stating 2nd print back they go. I paid for 1st prints and I expect 1st prints.

Web Commerce systems are pretty accurate and stable anymore. If you say you have 100 items, the system will account for all 100 items as they are sold. The software does not compensate for those who don't know how to count though. For example, if you have 1500 books, yet, add 2000 to the system, the system will sell 2000 while you really only have 1500. This makes it appear that you have items that you really don't, and when you're caught doing this, you have to quickly print items to satisfy the rush of orders.

I've fallen victim to website owners who don't know how to count. Many times in the last year. Oh, "Book that got hot last week that you ordered 2 of for face value?".. Oh, we can't find those. They system had "Too Many" in it, and we're sold out. Meanwhile, the admin "Finds" those books and hits the "relist and mark up 3000%" button on their website.

Comics are fun!

BTW, I love the book, its very true to the real underground genre of the 60/70s. Theres no story here, just violence, graphic content and rawness. Reminded me of S Clay Wilson's work..

The book is also very posh looking with a thickish carton cover. Still curious to see how this will go with Image's line of books.. This one's very different

BTW, I love the book, its very true to the real underground genre of the 60/70s. Theres no story here, just violence, graphic content and rawness. Reminded me of S Clay Wilson's work..

The book is also very posh looking with a thickish carton cover. Still curious to see how this will go with Image's line of books.. This one's very different

Similar to the Our Love is Real book by Sam Humphries. They will likely just stick an image logo somewhere on the cover.