• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

What happened to that slabbed book that was supposed to be shipped around the world ? hm

People held onto it for a long time, then the last guy who had it didn't ship it for a super long time. That killed the game. Bummer, since I was next to get it I think..... (shrug)

It's been well documented that George R R Martin was (is?) a comic book fan, and he read Marvel. Well in GoT, Craven means cowardly, I can't help but think he hated Kraven for always messing with Spider-Man and decided to make his name synonymous with coward. :shrug:

I've never heard that word refer to cowardly before GoT....I'm probably wrong, but I'm gonna go ahead and think I'm right anyway. My version is much better than the probable truth.

Craven has a;ways meant cowardly. Stan Lee was fully aware of that when he created the character.

Update: Kav and I have been working on putting the scrap book together along with a Kav sketch to go on the cover. Are there any boardies on the list waiting for Kraven that will be at SDCC on that Sunday?

Fair play to you Hokie and Kav - this though, is what I was worried about.

If Kraven sort of hangs around for a couple of weeks, then people will forget about this thread.

It can be a lot of fun, but if there is a gap, then like now, well, this thread went back 4 pages before it was found.

Perhaps a sticky?

For myself, all I can say, is that Kraven will be visiting a major Australian hospital and meeting a couple of very lovely young nurses.

Amongst other things.

Get Kraven, photo Kraven, post Kraven.

Keeps it fun.

2c

Fair play to you Hokie and Kav - this though, is what I was worried about.

If Kraven sort of hangs around for a couple of weeks, then people will forget about this thread.

It can be a lot of fun, but if there is a gap, then like now, well, this thread went back 4 pages before it was found.

Perhaps a sticky?

For myself, all I can say, is that Kraven will be visiting a major Australian hospital and meeting a couple of very lovely young nurses.

Amongst other things.

Get Kraven, photo Kraven, post Kraven.

Keeps it fun.

2c

Well, if we were going to start it, we wanted to start it right. That is the only reason there is a delay. I didnt see anyone else saying they would go get the scrapbook and do a drawing and stuff. That stuff needed to be done before it left and started the rounds. SDCC is also a unique situation where numerous boardies will all be there at the same time and it just makes sense as the place to get it kicked off at.

Sorry for the delay but Kraven is now ready to begin his world travels. Kav did the drawing on the scrapbook for me and I think he did an excellent job. Kraven will begin his journey around the world at San Diego Comic Con where he will meet up with several boardies and then be shipped off to Florida to Techvoodoo. He said he is looking forward to the journey and meeting all of you. Ok....he didn't really say any of that, but you get the idea.

10357180_673623976053393_8092455060684389335_n.jpg