• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Grayson" looks to be a hit so a bump for Tec 38?

260 posts in this topic

I'm very interested in seeing where the 4.0 ends because I have a really nice 3.5 that I might be looking to move based where the 4.0 ends at.

I believe they were going for around $7K on a price per point basis for unrestored copies earlier this year. :gossip:

Not sure if this price point will still hold considering the number of copies out there, albeit most of them are restored copies. (shrug)

Also need to add that it depends upon how your book actually presents. Unfortunately, there are some beautiful looking 3.5's and then there are some fugly looking 3.5's out there, as CGC is notoriously consistent for swinging between loose grading periods and tight grading periods. :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

I'm very interested in seeing where the 4.0 ends because I have a really nice 3.5 that I might be looking to move based where the 4.0 ends at.

I believe they were going for around $7K on a price per point basis for unrestored copies earlier this year. :gossip:

Not sure if this price point will still hold considering the number of copies out there, albeit most of them are restored copies. (shrug)

Also need to add that it depends upon how your book actually presents. Unfortunately, there are some beautiful looking 3.5's and then there are some fugly looking 3.5's out there, as CGC is notoriously consistent for swinging between loose grading periods and tight grading periods. :censored:

I think it's the nicest of the 3.5s that I've seen. Very clean.

I think it's the nicest of the 3.5s that I've seen. Very clean.

Just took a closer look at the 4.0 copy on the CC website:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=686230

Certainly seems to have a lot of clearly visible defects for a VG 4.0 copy and yet its already at $33.5K with another 4 days left to go in the auction. Not sure if this grade would hold or be bump down a tiny notch given today's apparently slightly tougher grading. (shrug)

Looks like the book is now at $8K per point, although it makes me wonder if a cleaner and nicer appearing slightly lower graded copy (hint, hint) would be able to fetch slightly even more money. hm

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

A Voldy .3 missing the back cover and a front that looked like it went through a washing machine appears to have recently sold for almost $6k!

operative word

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/30/2017 at 7:43 PM, Chicago Boy said:

A Voldy .3 missing the back cover and a front that looked like it went through a washing machine appears to have recently sold for almost $6k!

Sold for $4800 as per watchcount.  Pretty strong price considering it looked like in rough shape

Edited by Riddler

*sigh*

seller is a known scam artist. bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics"

Expect to see the book listed, again, on ebay within a few short weeks. This book has been "bought" more times than I can count.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:56 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 10/31/2017 at 3:43 AM, Chicago Boy said:

operative word

$4800 for a 0.3 incomplete brittle. Really !?

Edited by Gotham Kid

59 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

*sigh*

seller is a known scam artist. bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics"

Expect to see the book listed, again, on ebay within a few short weeks. This book has been "bought" more times than I can count.

$4800 for a 0.3 incomplete brittle. Really !?

Is the "really!?" a doubt that a sale didn't go through ?  Just trying to understand.  I think I did business with Bojou a decade ago and I remember hearing about the transfer but don't have any hard data myself

Not only is he a scam artist, he tries to manipulate GPA to his advantage. The book DID NOT sell.

This same copy of Tec 38 has been "sold" several times. Curiously, seller has always been the "buyer" lol.

Expect to see him relist the book in a few months.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Not only is he a scam artist, he tries to manipulate GPA to his advantage. The book DID NOT sell.

This same copy of Tec 38 has been "sold" several times. Curiously, seller has always been the "buyer" lol.

Wow.  Do you think this is why the Tec 27 hasn't sold or is it just priced to aggressively ? (I was thinking the latter)

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:
9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow.  Do you think this is why the Tec 27 hasn't sold or is it just priced to aggressively ? (I was thinking the latter)

He is asking almost double what it went for at auction on Comiclink a couple years ago (jacked up the price twice). Nothing abnormal there as we are dealing with Tec 27 but his rep doesn't help him at all I would think.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/30/2017 at 11:43 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Looks like the raw copy from a few pages back, that went to a PGX holder, than lost it's centerfold and found it's was to a Voldy holder......