• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Grayson" looks to be a hit so a bump for Tec 38?

260 posts in this topic

Looks like we have a new contender on eBay

10 Day auction, currently up to $15,000 (after 42 bids) with 7 days to go.

s_l1600.jpg

$35k final? :wishluck:

Wow, what makes you think this book is going to go for almost 4X condition guide, or am I missing something here? hm

After all, this is only the introduction of the much laughed about Robin, not 'Tec 31 which we are talking about here. lol

The 3.5 that sold on GPA had better PQ OW-W and hammered well below 35K. I say 26K for this copy MAX with the winner being William Leach (:

Don't be upset though Red ol pal...my prediction is the book will sell here then show up on CCs site in a few months with a Sticker price of.....you guessed it...35K ^^

s_l1600.jpg

Wow, what makes you think this book is going to go for almost 4X condition guide, or am I missing something here? hm

After all, this is only the introduction of the much laughed about Robin, not 'Tec 31 which we are talking about here. lol

The 3.5 that sold on GPA had better PQ OW-W and hammered well below 35K. I say 26K for this copy MAX with the winner being William Leach (:

Don't be upset though Red ol pal...my prediction is the book will sell here then show up on CCs site in a few months with a Sticker price of.....you guessed it...35K ^^

Last GPA on a 3.5 was $26k. Maybe a couple people get frisky and it jumps up to 35. No whammies! No whammies!

s_l1600.jpg

You're right. This book is far far more important than Tec 31. Although with a pretty goofy cover. :)

They didn't even bother to post a back cover scan on that eBay auction. That's a must for low grade books.

You have to go to the bottom of page.

Now I see. I was looking on the mobile app and there's only one picture in the pictures section. Once I clicked on Description I saw the additional pictures.

s_l1600.jpg

Last GPA on a 3.5 was $26k. Maybe a couple people get frisky and it jumps up to 35. No whammies! No whammies!

Hammer falls at $22,422

2 more copies have appeared on eBay. Both 1.5 Blues, BIN at $16,950 and $18,500

Looks like it came in a bit below the last GPA recorded sale of $26K, but well below the wish for price of $35K. The PQ might have hurt the final price on this book, but hard to say. (shrug)

s_l1600.jpg

Hammer falls at $22,422

Looks like it came in a bit below the last GPA recorded sale of $26K, but well below the wish for price of $35K. The PQ might have hurt the final price on this book, but hard to say. (shrug)

A 15%+ hit just for the "PQ" on the label on a grail? That's a stretch. That price is below the 3.0 that just last sold as well.

That's just a soft result for the book, plain and simple. Either demand is softening with so many copies coming to market at once or someone got bamboozled when they paid $26k+ for that other 3.5 a couple months ago.

I also noticed the item description called it a 3.0 even though the picture of the slab is of a 3.5.

Given that many auction results have looked soft of late I'm inclined to go with the former. But there might be a touch of the latter in there as well. Either way it's all just speculation.

-J.

Hammer falls at $22,422

A 15%+ hit just for the "PQ" on the label on a grail? That's a stretch. That price is below the 3.0 that just last sold as well.

That's just a soft result for the book, plain and simple. Either demand is softening with so many copies coming to market at once or someone got bamboozled when they paid $26k+ for that other 3.5 a couple months ago.

Given that many auction results have looked soft of late I'm inclined to go with the former. But there might be a touch of the latter in there as well. Either way it's all just speculation.

-J.

Was the $26K+ sale and the last 3.0 sale also done through eBay or through one of the comic book website? hm

Oh, I know what's the cause of this drop..........it's that CGC label! If it was a 3.5 from the other distinguished company, it would have hit $26K without any problems at all. :baiting:lol

That's just a soft result for the book, plain and simple. Either demand is softening with so many copies coming to market at once

-J.

And another copy currently on HA:

Detective Comics #38 CBCS Restored FN/VF 7.0 Moderate (A) Off-white pages.

"Amateur Restoration Includes: color touch on cover, pieces added to cover, cover & centerfold reinforced, spine split sealed, tear seals, cover cleaned. Bottom of cover & right edge trimmed."

Currently at $2,600 with 17 days remaining.

One small correction: The 2 1.5s were already listed on eBay. At their asking prices, the books will stay there for the longest.

Also, it closed at what I expected it would. ~6k/point book.

And finally, the Tan to OW likely will become C/OW if regraded given it was graded yesteryear. I wouldn't be surprised at a resub.