• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

I'm thinking.

Flip book of Summer 2014.

Pre book before it's a "thing"

Five covers.

LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #36

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

(W) Paul Kupperberg (A) Pat Kennedy & Various (CA) Adam Hughes

History is in the making in this epic finale to the acclaimed series LIFE WITH ARCHIE, as America's most beloved character makes the ultimate sacrifice to save a friend. The unthinkable happens: Archie Andrews dies! Fans will experience an epic tale of Archie's future sure to make headlines, generate discussion and stand as one of the most-talked about Archie stories of all time. Do not miss this game-changing tale of love, friendship and true heroism.

I was worried this was going to be the magazine sized book, but for that issue it's shrinking down to regular comic size.

I've heard random people at my LCS ask the guy who works there about it. Should get a lot of media outside of the comic world.

(thumbs u

I think one of the covers is going to be magazine sized...can preorder it for $7.99

Right. They are publishing it in magazine format and in comic format.

A quirk of this probably interesting only to total comic geeks like us is that since the magazine has been twice the length of a comic, the comic version is broken up into two issues. As a result, if you buy the magazine, your complete Life with Archie series will end with #36. But if you buy the comics, it will end with #37.

It's a media cash grab...

I'm in.

I like cash.

No coincidence when 37 ships, Archie will be set up at SDCC, I'm sure w plenty of copies & an exclusive.

It's just great marketing.

will it be Walking dead #1?

heck no.

Will it pay my cable bill this month.

Yep.

The " GIMIC " book of the summer!

I love Archie but this book is too heavily printed to be worth anything.

Death of Superman all over again.

Retailers will sell above cover price for the week and eBay "wannabe" dealers will try to

get their share too but the book will be stacked next to the rest of the toilet paper and collecting dust on the shelves before summer is over.

Retailers will sell above cover price for the week and eBay "wannabe" dealers will try to

get their share too but the book will be stacked next to the rest of the toilet paper and collecting dust on the shelves before summer is over.

Sorry friend.

I made a nice little chunk of change on the Death of Superman.

I'd love this to be the same.

You do know that 99% of moderns are worthless, but windows for a modest profit exist, right? ( and that this is the CGC modern forum where some people get off doing just that)

Are the cover images posted anywhere yet? Also, when does it come out?

Yeah, you can see them all here, except for the finished Adam Hughes cover - what they have here is just a rough preliminary sketch:

http://www.archiecomics.com/Blogs/tabid/97/EntryId/1565/LIFE-WITH-ARCHIE-36-37-COVER-ARTIST-SPOTLIGHT.aspx

There are actually 11 covers. One for the magazine version, then five covers for the comic version of #36 and five covers for the comic version of #37.

Artists for #36 are: Adam Hughes, Fiona Staples, Mike Allred, Ramon Perez and Francesco Francavilla.

Artists for #37 are: Alex Ross, Walt Simonson, Cliff Chiang, Jill Thompson and Tommy Lee Edwards.

Life of Archie print run usually around 2-3K per month. Any ideas on how much Archie will overprint this by? Even a 10X increase (to 20-30K copies) seems rather low if we are in the "Death of Superman" demand realm.

Will they print over 10X normal print run? It will be interesting how many they pump out.

I'd assume the print run is a lot higher than 2-3K on normal issues and that they just distribute through other channels (to grocery stores, barnes and noble, etc.).

I'd assume the print run is a lot higher than 2-3K on normal issues and that they just distribute through other channels (to grocery stores, barnes and noble, etc.).

My bad...I was going by comichron numbers...don't know how Archie distributes.

Life with Archie sales have been on a massive downward spiral for the last 18 months or so. In the last statement of ownership, the series was selling an average of around 8700 per month. But since it is distributed to newsstands and grocery stores and the like, the actual print run was much much higher - an average of over 29k.

Fabulous business:

Average DM sales 8700 per but w newsstand dist the actual print run was an average of over 29k.

They create a "media event" in one of their lowest selling titles with FIVE covers in the DM.

They spread the "event" over two weeks & they time it around SDCC.

I'm rock hard.

Fabulous business:

Average DM sales 8700 per but w newsstand dist the actual print run was an average of over 29k.

They create a "media event" in one of their lowest selling titles with FIVE covers in the DM.

I'm rock hard.

What are the five direct market covers?

Fabulous business:

I'm rock hard.

Can we see pics

Of the covers too