• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

I am curious, what is so special about the Staples cover? Seems to be the one in big demand.

I believe it's really more of a supply distribution issue as opposed to an issue of relatively bigger demand with the Staples cover. hm

Feel sorry for anybody that ends up paying substantially more than cover price for any of these cover variants as I believe all of them will be available for cover price or less within a week or so.

Just like Outcast, right?

lol

Odd comparison. hm

I am curious, what is so special about the Staples cover? Seems to be the one in big demand.

I believe it's really more of a supply distribution issue as opposed to an issue of relatively bigger demand with the Staples cover. hm

Feel sorry for anybody that ends up paying substantially more than cover price for any of these cover variants as I believe all of them will be available for cover price or less within a week or so.

lol

Odd comparison. hm

Most recent with a ton of hype that "sold out" immediately. I don't see any on the bay at cover price, unless you are just looking at the price before shipping, but my LCS doesn't charge me for shipping when I buy something off the rack.

lol

Odd comparison. hm

Most recent with a ton of hype that "sold out" immediately. I don't see any on the bay at cover price, unless you are just looking at the price before shipping, but my LCS doesn't charge me for shipping when I buy something off the rack.

Midtown still has Outcast at cover price. another case of EoW #1...way to many printed.

OK, so the biggest BS with LWA #36 is with the Fiona variants. So far I've had 3 sellers on eBay that I bought this from which GUARANTEED prompt shipping and they ended up telling me they will ship next week Wednesday. Anyone else experiencing the same thing??

But seriously, if someone doesnt have inventory and lists a comic at a LOWER price than the rest, isnt that a shill???

It says

*** PRE-ORDER ***

This book will ship on 7/23/13

So one can assume that Diamond confirmed this guys order for what he's getting next week. These books cost a retailer on average $2 Each. 400% mark up is still profit. Profit is profit.

Im not arguing whether hes making profit or not, but hes setting a price on an item he does not have. Youre right, he does state that on the listing, meantime I had 3 orders which cancelled because of no inventory, the sellers didnt even bother telling me this until Ive asked.

Hypothetically, if everyone is doing that assuming they get inventory next week, they are creating the opposite of a demand for a book, which Diamond, intentionally or not, have created originally

Apparently the Staples variant is allocated. One LCS got 5 copies. The larger shop which ordered at least 50 of each cover got nothing.

Personally I think the Perez cover will be the winner long term its just a timeless cover for Archie fans.

So the Staples cover will be the one short term everyone will be chasing.

I enjoyed the issue as well.

Apparently the Staples variant is allocated. One LCS got 5 copies. The larger shop which ordered at least 50 of each cover got nothing.

Personally I think the Perez cover Veronica #202 will be the winner long term its just a timeless cover for Archie fans.

So the Staples cover will be the one short term everyone will be chasing.

I enjoyed the issue as well.

Fixed ;)