• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

This whole thing reaked of publicity stunt to me, so I refused to partake in the flipping.

That being said I absolutely love Afterlife w/ Archie, but I stayed clear of the 36 hype train.

That's what I said all along.

This wasn't going to be a "pay the bills" this month ~ type of book/marketing stunt while porking the public.

That's the play of a "snake oil" comic dealer, wreaks of desperation.

Don't get me wrong, I picked up a few issues to sit in back issue inventory for client requests but it was at distributor pricing.

This whole thing reaked of publicity stunt to me, so I refused to partake in the flipping.

That being said I absolutely love Afterlife w/ Archie, but I stayed clear of the 36 hype train.

That's what I said all along.

This wasn't going to be a "pay the bills" this month ~ type of book/marketing stunt while porking the public.

That's the play of a "snake oil" comic dealer, wreaks of desperation.

Don't get me wrong, I picked up a few issues to sit in back issue inventory for client requests but it was at distributor pricing.

Oh nothing against anyone who went out and did the flipping, it was just going to be a lot of effort for something that I was kind of irritated by.

I saw tons of Life with Archie 36 newsstand issues at Barnes and Nobles today. Archie has done a good job getting this comic out there for the readers.

I also flipped through the Afterlife with Archie TPB and read the first issue. Wow, that is one comic I wish I had picked up. Such a great start to the storyline. I might have to track down some recent back issues. I'm going to give Sabrina a try based on what I read in issue 1.

I saw tons of Life with Archie 36 newsstand issues at Barnes and Nobles today. Archie has done a good job getting this comic out there for the readers.

I also flipped through the Afterlife with Archie TPB and read the first issue. Wow, that is one comic I wish I had picked up. Such a great start to the storyline. I might have to track down some recent back issues. I'm going to give Sabrina a try based on what I read in issue 1.

Grab a number 6. Has nothing to do with the last few issues and it is amazing. (thumbs u

Grab a number 6. Has nothing to do with the last few issues and it is amazing. (thumbs u

+1

#6 blew me away. I think it is better if you've read the first five issues, though. Only because the events in #6 make you re-evaluate everything that happened in the first five issues. It dramatically expands the scope of the series beyond just a zombie story - and it was already awesome just as a zombie story to begin with.

I did as well. Almost picked one up. Should I go back and get them or not?

+1

#6 blew me away. I think it is better if you've read the first five issues, though. Only because the events in #6 make you re-evaluate everything that happened in the first five issues. It dramatically expands the scope of the series beyond just a zombie story - and it was already awesome just as a zombie story to begin with.

Man you guys are making me wish I'd stuck with the book. I liked the first issue, but it didn't blow me away my pull list has gotten out of control. I didn't add the series because of it.

+1

Man you guys are making me wish I'd stuck with the book. I liked the first issue, but it didn't blow me away my pull list has gotten out of control. I didn't add the series because of it.

Try #6!

+1

grab the trade then #6. like everyone is saying 6 is a game changer.

Life With Archie is one of the two new comics that I've been keeping up with. I'm sorry to see it go.

I agree that the combined storyline was a compromise that isn't 100% satisfying. I understand why they did what they did though. Still, it does seem like a slap in the face to those of use who have been following the title.

+1

Yes, went through some of the OS market reports and there seems to be a lot of positive buzz with respect to the Afterlife books. In fact, one of the advisors went so far as to suggest that the Afterlife variant cover for issue #23 "might be one of the most sought after magazines of the Modern Age."

Not sure if this was just hype on his part as he was basing this on the fact this issue had come out back in 2012 or pretty well a full year before the Afterlife series had started. in addition, something about the total print run for this particular issue being at only 3,000 copies, with the variant Afterlife cover being only a fraction of this total.

Is there any truth to this or does anybody know the approximate print run for the Afterlife variant cover of issue #23? hm

Heavyink screwed me out of my issue. I had a subscription. For months! Since the beginning of the year or longer. I was afraid they might place the issue in the "running late from publisher" section, like they've done with certain sellout issues of Afterlife, but I double checked before they shipped my order and it was scheduled to ship. I was very excited to read it, and happy that a sellout comic was apparently going to come my way without problems. So today my shipment arrived (I only get a new comic shipment about once every three months) and I saw only issue 35 in there. I checked the invoice and see I was charged for issue #36, and the price reflects the double sized magazine issue and not the comic sized issue. I flipped through the comics to be sure they didn't send me the comic size, they didn't. Ten items on invoice, nine items in the package. I have little doubt my copy is listed on eBay right now by a Heavyink employee. I just sent them a message demanding my comic, and saying a refund won't cut it, since the $8 won't get me a copy now anyway and I've had mine preordered plenty ahead. There's no reason I shouldn't get a copy. But we'll see. This is the last straw though, if I don't get my copy I'm closing my Heavyink account. I may not order a lot of comics, but they'll be losing out on a reliable $120 per year when I close my account, all over a single comic.

I'm closing my account if they don't get me that comic. They've screwed me on comics before, but never charged me for them. Just marked them as "Running late from publisher" forever. I end up having to go on eBay and pay three times as much. It's only happened a couple times at this point, but this is the last straw for sure. I was really looking forward to that comic.

+1

grab the trade then #6. like everyone is saying 6 is a game changer.

I checked my store yesterday to see what they had. They had a huge pile of issue 5s but that was it. I might have to go searching and just buy the singles.

I hate Heavy Ink they are slow and several times they have screwed up my orders. I haven't ordered from them for at least a couple of years now.

I ordered PP #9 from them when it was on fire. I forgot about it but a year later they charged my card and sent an obviously read beat up second print. I'm not one to complain about stuff like that publicly but good grief :ohnoez: