• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

My LCS - which as I mentioned earlier, is very large, but only has one Life with Archie subscriber, myself - was completely sold out of all covers. They said they sold out almost instantly when the store opened, and to people that were not regulars. The store employee said they were "people who don't usually buy comics." Of course, I got my own copy, since I ordered it a long time ago (the Perez cover).

I stopped at a Newbury Comics as well, which is a place where you can sometimes find issues nobody else has, since the crowd there is more a music crowd than a comics crowd. Of course, those comics are often totaly manhandled, but since this stuff just came out today, the copies I found were in good shape. They had four copies left - 1 Francavilla, 1 Hughes and 2 Allred. I almost bought the Francavilla cover, but decided to pass on all of them.

Not really. The creators are making money, Archie Comics is making money, dealers are making money and so are flippers.

My point is, wanna-be dealers that sell on this forum reading this aren't going to be making money.

Yes, I was at my one of my LCS earlier this morning and saw tons of the covers by Perez, Francovilla, and Hughes. No copies of the other 2 covers with the owner saying that they would coming in next week. Talked with the owner for over half a hour and saw only 1 customer come in for any of these copies.

Went to another comic shop just after lunch and saw a ton of the same 3 covers again. Saw only 1 Allerd cover and decided to pick that one up. Both stores did not have the Staples cover, so I assume probably next week.

Any idea when the LWA #36 magazine version is supposed to be coming out or is this going to be the toughie to get since it is magazine size? ???

Magazine arrived in the mail today for subscribers and has #36 and #37 combined in it. It arrives in stores next week. The tribute (#37) is well done.

1st LCS had one of each cover minus the Fiona Staples.

2nd LCS had only the Allred and Fiona Staples covers. Each Staples cover (a total of around 5) had one long crease on the spine.

3rd LCS had all 5 covers. An abundance of Staples, Perez, Allred, and Hughes. However, I only saw one Francavilla cover. When I left there must be at least 5-6 Staples cover.

Judging by all of the reports, these covers are strangely allocated.

My local comic shop said that they originally could order their desired amount of each specific cover. Going big on one and leaving out the other(s) etc

From what I can tell, most shops ordered a fairly even amount, and folks are just buying what appeals to them?

I have not heard any reports of one cover being more rare than the other etc

Does anyone know if that may be a possibility? That one specific cover may in fact have a larger print run than the others?

hm

I hit three LCSs today during lunch (2 hours after they opened)

LCS #1 had two left on the shelf, limiting 1 per customer. I landed a Hughes cover. Their other larger store called while I was there asking for some as they were sold out.

LCS #2 had plenty of regular covers on the shelf and had marked up the variants to $9.95 (Fracavilla and Hughes) and $14.95 (Allred). They were shorted on the Staples and had sold out. I snagged 3 Perez covers from them.

LCS #3 had 5 left at a limit of one per person and was pissed that he did not receive the Staples and Allred covers he ordered. He was not happy that he had pre-ordered X amount of each variant and gotten shorted - as he said, it is not like a 3D cover where they would have difficulty printing them. I snagged a Hughes variant.

I do have two sets of each cover waiting for me at my file LCS and ordered a couple more online from another LCS.

I went to my LCS, they had ordered 50 of each cover, but were shorted on the Allred and Staples cover. They were quite ticked off about it and said they won't be receiving those 2 covers until next Wednesday. It seems to be an issue with the distributor. When I showed up they had plenty in stock and no limits in place.

I am curious, what is so special about the Staples cover? Seems to be the one in big demand.

I hit three LCSs today during lunch (2 hours after they opened)

LCS #1 had two left on the shelf, limiting 1 per customer. I landed a Hughes cover. Their other larger store called while I was there asking for some as they were sold out.

LCS #2 had plenty of regular covers on the shelf and had marked up the variants to $9.95 (Fracavilla and Hughes) and $14.95 (Allred). They were shorted on the Staples and had sold out. I snagged 3 Perez covers from them.

LCS #3 had 5 left at a limit of one per person and was pissed that he did not receive the Staples and Allred covers he ordered. He was not happy that he had pre-ordered X amount of each variant and gotten shorted - as he said, it is not like a 3D cover where they would have difficulty printing them. I snagged a Hughes variant.

I do have two sets of each cover waiting for me at my file LCS and ordered a couple more online from another LCS.

I went to my LCS, they had ordered 50 of each cover, but were shorted on the Allred and Staples cover. They were quite ticked off about it and said they won't be receiving those 2 covers until next Wednesday. It seems to be an issue with the distributor. When I showed up they had plenty in stock and no limits in place.

I am curious, what is so special about the Staples cover? Seems to be the one in big demand.

Nothing, it was just the most harshly allocated, so it's the hardest to get. For now.

I think it was just delayed, as a couple stores said they'd have the rest of their order filled next week.

I believe it's really more of a supply distribution issue as opposed to an issue of relatively bigger demand with the Staples cover. hm

Feel sorry for anybody that ends up paying substantially more than cover price for any of these cover variants as I believe all of them will be available for cover price or less within a week or so.

Just came from my LCS (Philippines).

I reserved all five covers, so I got them.

But walk-in customers already have to pay 1.75% of cover. Only Allred and Francavilla covers remained

Sad. :(

I believe it's really more of a supply distribution issue as opposed to an issue of relatively bigger demand with the Staples cover. hm

Feel sorry for anybody that ends up paying substantially more than cover price for any of these cover variants as I believe all of them will be available for cover price or less within a week or so.

Just like Outcast, right?

MIDTOWN COMICS had the Perez, Francavilla & Hughes covers but none of the others. Seems like they're releasing the rest of the covers next week including the magazine.

Can't stand the Allred Cover. Looks weird compared to the rest of the covers that have been really respectfully of the Ginger's passing.

Haven't read the books yet but I am looking forward to it.

Went to my main LCS and they didn't even order it. My gf reads Archie digests so I figured I'd grab her a copy. Ended up at another LCS 15 min away and they had at least 4 of each on the shelf. Grabbed her the Perez and Staples (since she is also a Saga fan) and I grabbed the AH for myself.