• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL IDENTITY CRISIS ISSUE 7 SPOILER THREAD----SPOILERS---

101 posts in this topic

I cant believe I just clicked this thread. 3 hours until I can get the book and I'm still looking for spoilers. I have no willpower! frown.gif

I can tell you who did it if you want!

I have inside info

I cant believe I just clicked this thread. 3 hours until I can get the book and I'm still looking for spoilers. I have no willpower! frown.gif

I have inside info

As in from the "inside" of the comic? poke2.gif

I have inside info

As in from the "inside" of the comic? poke2.gif

As in DC spy! yay.gif

Sue Dibny's death was an accident.

Jack Drake's death was not planned as such.

Captain Boomerang is dead.

Calculator was no more than just a hired hand.

Dr. Light isn't even mentioned.

Luthor is nowhere to be seen. No sign of his suit either.

Atom is not the killer. Chrisco37 was right.

Who benefits? Everyone who gets some lovin' from their superhero pals and relations.

Atom is not the killer. Chrisco37 was right.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Just read it! Not quite the elaborate scheme I had constructed, but pretty close.

I told you the woman was NUTS!!!!! acclaim.gif

No poster for Ares! grin.gif

Great story! Although this last issue seemed to read really, really quickly. Still some unanswered questions. The most important/intriguing is "Does Batman know what happened?"

That's the set up for the second series or, perhaps, a Meltzer-written Batman arc. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's two mysteries solved by me:

-1602 - "What's in the box?"

-Identity Crisis - "Who killed Sue?"

I rule! (Insert Beyonder Breakdancing graemlin)

Let the Worship begin....... wink.gif

Saw this posted on another board but says it better than I could

===============================================

The killer is revealed to be Jean Loring. The reveal is quite clunky (she asks him about the note that was left for Jack Drake -- while he's hitting on her, comes out of left field). Ray figures it out because Batman took the note before it was reported anywhere.

She used his old costume in the basement to shrink down and kill Sue -- she says by accident -- but it is implied in the issue that it was done with malicious intent.

She also used the costume to set up her hanging. -- This helps make more sense out of the question "what would hap[pen if Ray didn't make it on time?" -- if he didn't she would just shrink back down out of the noose.

She tries to justify it to Ray but especially on the last page of her appearance she is obviously quite INSANE -- Ray drops her off at Arkham and shrinks down to cry after he realizes she killed Sue for him.

We then get scenes of heroes visiting their loved ones -- Clark and Ma, Bruce at his Parent's grave.

Ollie and Flash have a redundant converstation about mindwiping Bruce, no new info from #6 -- they did it to keep the league together.

The series ends with Ralph talking to his absent wife -- actually carrying on a conversation with her. -- it has been described as hokey or insane in some threads but it was actually quite touching.

It ends with the lights out and the caption "Ralph and Sue Dibny. Husband and Wife."

The more important aspect I feel are the unintended consequences -- The mindwipes coming to light, the new Boomerang, the return of Deathstroke, the Calculator as the villain oracle -- all of these are occuring as a result of this heinous crime.

I told you the woman was NUTS!!!!! acclaim.gif

No poster for Ares! grin.gif

That's two mysteries solved by me:

-1602 - "What's in the box?"

-Identity Crisis - "Who killed Sue?"

Like I told you I agreed on Jean. It made sence! I award you 7 Dancing Bananas

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

One for each issue of series

-----------------------

Question: Whats in the Box?

Answer: Sue Dibney! devil.gif

I must say that I wont classify my reaction as a letdown.... but, now that others have let the facts out, gee - -the big reveal was on page 2-4 and the rest of the entire issue was reactions by all the JLA characters. yawn.

Of course, Im also glad there wasnt a big slugfest, or, Jean having blurted out her role didnt shrink down and cause the JLA to come after here, with the Calculator and 100 baddies waiting as her backup stooges in a micro universe ... or something omic booky like that!!!!

So, a letdown? nahh. Just the 7th and last chapter of a novel, where its all explained and the pieces are put back in position having been affected by the preceding events.... And since the ride so far was so much fun, so be it!

It IS a but comical how wacky and involved OUR guesses got as we resorted to examining each and every panel for clues... huh?

So, a letdown? nahh. Just the 7th and last chapter of a novel, where its all explained and the pieces are put back in position having been affected by the preceding events.... And since the ride so far was so much fun, so be it!

Perfect summation of this issue and the entire series. aman! thumbsup2.gif

I'll give Meltzer a lot of credit, because what he did to everyone, readers and characters alike, is allow us to run wild with possibilities... in the end it was actually rather simple. Atom's ex-wife went crazy again.

All of the side stuff... the Calculator, the mindwipes, the Injustice Society satellite, the stuff with Dr. Light, the rape of Sue Dibny.... all of it was distraction meant to throw us off and has opened a Pandora's Box that presumably, once opened, will never be closed again. Hence the number of loose ends (Dr. Light, Luthor's armor, the parentage of Captain Boomerang II and so on) and the fact that Identity Crisis is really the prelude to next year's Crisis 20th Anniversary Event.

this was the greatest let down in a while. I am not going to say the last 6 months have been a bad because issue 1-6 was good, but to me issue 7 is .

Care to elaborate? confused-smiley-013.gif

It sucked.

It would have been better to have some contrived "Deus Ex Machina" resolution than to simply say "well, Jean was crazy."

That's not a murder mystery ending, to me. There was no REAL motive, because the killer was INSANE. That takes ALL the fun out of the guesswork and it's an incredibly cheap (and easy) plot device.

This was a classic case of lazy storytelling. Look at all the plausible theories that people came up with in the various threads about this book on THIS message board alone. The reason why no one was speculating that it was something that simple? Because to make it THAT obvious and THAT facile would be both stupid and insulting. And it was.

How was any of this significant in the DC universe? The only "mainstream" hero that was TRULY affected by the events in the story was Flash, and honestly, what is going to come of all that? Batman will get mad?

OoooOOoOOooo. Something tells me that he'll still be Batman when it's all said and done. Beyond that, he never trusted anyone ANYWAY... is he going to be even LESS trustful? I repeat: "OoooOOoOOooo."

OoooOOoOOooo. (One last time for effect.)

I hope not, we've had enough mindwiping, haven't we? Since Jean is certified nuts would anyone actually believe her ravings?

Although there is some potential, I suppose, for her to break out and become a super-villain.

Where did the Atom go? Didn't he run away from life once before when Jean went nuts? Has he gone looking for another miniature jungle babe?

How was any of this significant in the DC universe? The only "mainstream" hero that was TRULY affected by the events in the story was Flash, and honestly, what is going to come of all that? Batman will get mad?

You don't consider Robin a mainstream hero? His father was killed.