• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SNOWPIERCER - Best comic adaptation that no one will see this summer !

114 posts in this topic

I liked it! Especially that crazy plot twist at the end...

thomas-the-tank-engine_0.jpg

In all seriousness though, at least there were some interesting thoughts and threads presented in it. Worth the rental for sure!

This movie was so ridiculous it made the plot of TDKR seem plausible. lol

It was crazy stupid

THIS IS A SHOE. A SHOE DOES NOT BELONG ON THE HEAD. Couldnt watch much more after that.

Can someone summarize wtf the movie was about? A train that doesnt need fuel that endlessly circles the globe without maintenance and sometimes they stick a dude's arm out to freeze then bust it with a hammer. Then there's a revolt. Can someone tell me what the movie is about?

Did they explain where the food came from? Even if it was synthesized where did the raw materials come from?

This movie was so ridiculous it made the plot of TDKR seem plausible. lol

It was crazy stupid

THIS IS A SHOE. A SHOE DOES NOT BELONG ON THE HEAD. Couldnt watch much more after that.

Can someone summarize wtf the movie was about? A train that doesnt need fuel that endlessly circles the globe without maintenance and sometimes they stick a dude's arm out to freeze then bust it with a hammer. Then there's a revolt. Can someone tell me what the movie is about?

Try to finish it Kav... all your questions will be answered.

Including Tilda Swinson's crazy arm gestures. :D

I equate this kind of movie to Bladerunner. Back in '82, you either loved that movie or you out and out hated it.

That sort of love/hate scenario... over time... lets movies like this become cult classics ;)

I have to add that the Academy absolutely LOVES roles like Tilda's.

She was crazy great in this film... that said, she's usually great in all her films.

When George put her in her place at the end of Michael Clayton, we all cheered :D

giphy_zps5ccd956d.gif

xxx ooo

Rupp

snowpiercer_poster_tilda_swinton_full_zps822794fd.jpg

Tilda_Swinton_zps3aa0d2af.jpg

Edited by Bio-Rupp

Thanks for bringing up snowpiercer. Seems like something I would even buy! (thumbs u My first thought was an older novel, "Snow Crash" (Neal Stephenson ) , anyone ever read that?

I know it's not a comic adaptation (and not snowpiercer)... but seems like it will be very cool for similar minded viewers.

Edited by bronze_rules

I liked it. I think a large part of the movie revolves around references to North Korea. Lots of symbolism. I still don't get what was up with that fish though.

It's not a movie that should be picked apart for plausibility as that is clearly not what the director is going for.

Edited by Gsims718

I assumed the fish was to ensure any wounds would become infected. Limited access to medicine would make that hard to deal with.

I didn't even think that and I guess I should have hm

I thought they were just showing how sharp the hatchets were :o