• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

True Blood

So glad that steaming POS is ending.

Season 1 was promising, Season 2 was so-so. The quality declined rapidly and it's laughable now. (True Blood).

True Blood is so amazingly bad that they can kill a character who's been around for seven seasons and you don't even care one bit.

I used to love True Blood but it's been increasingly going downhill. Last season's finale especially, they have this huge all out war, the war ends, then flash ahead it's 6 months later. *cough* sound familiar?

Yeah, very familiar.

I've never seen the series or read the books but my wife was a first day buyer of every Sookie Stackhouse book. She loved them.

To be honest, I hated the first episode. The dialogue was painful (to match the horrible acting), and necessary suspension of belief was off the charts.

I'd love to know how the little girl was able to get out of the body bag, and leave a heavily populated, heavily quarantined and cordoned area, and walk all the way home from the airport. I also love the fact that the otherwise likeable main character was altogether dismissive of the only person that showed up to offer any real information. His female co-worker/lover was incredibly tedious, and the beyotch-slap from the upset father was some of the worst acting (and scripting) I have ever seen ("Let my push through this crowd to slap the one person that absolutely had nothing to do with the situation, and is trying to find out what happened to my daughter!"). How conveniently everything happened to break in the favor of the evil forces at every turn. It reminded me an awful lot of the Following - amazing how one of the cops on scene was always one of the followers whenever Joe's acolytes were seemingly cornered.

Maybe I am in the minority here (and I will watch the second episode on the off chance that it dramatically improves)...but I have a feeling it will be deleted from my DVR list rather quickly.

I thought it was ok but thought the acting was pretty bad. The lead actor was terrible. I kept thinking he was trying not to laugh . I will give the 2nd episode a shot but may not watch after that. Again was ok but nothing special to me.

Now, now, if everyone keeps talking smack on the TV show nobody is going to buy those Strain comics for top dollar that we're all hoarding. You know this place is loaded with lurkers ;)

I am not worried at all Jesus it was the first episode i though it was great as for the acting once again it was the first episode let the cast get aqquanted with each other comfortable with the situation.

I am not worried at all Jesus it was the first episode i though it was great as for the acting once again it was the first episode let the cast get aqquanted with each other comfortable with the situation.

Exactly. I takes time for actors to really understand their roles, and to gel really well together especially on a tv show IMO. Give it some time.

Exactly. I takes time for actors to really understand their roles, and to gel really well together especially on a tv show IMO. Give it some time.

I think the series will only get better as for me pushing the series for profit already got my investment back sold a 9.6 regular cover & variant 9.8 for $450 2 days ago so basically everything I have left is free and all profit holding the rest at the moment though.

I think the series will only get better as for me pushing the series for profit already got my investment back sold a 9.6 regular cover & variant 9.8 for $450 2 days ago so basically everything I have left is free and all profit holding the rest at the moment though.

:applause:

I want to see a correlation poll of people who thought it was good or bad vs if they own any copies of #1 :P

Haha ! I misread this the first time. I don't have a #1 other than The Fall. I wish I did because think the show is going to draw a crowd.

I thought it was great and only have one copy of #1 left..

I just remember on some other thread somebody was trashing The Strain after they had sold through all their books.

The psychology of the collectibles market is interesting.

I thought it was great and only have one copy of #1 left..

I just remember on some other thread somebody was trashing The Strain after they had sold through all their books.

The psychology of the collectibles market is interesting.

Not uncommon i can give a list of bordies who do it on every book they sell to early or never grabbed it's a amusing thing to watch.