• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Ok the toilet scene was down right WRONG.

Love this freaking show. 1hr episodes are not long enough with all of the commercials.

The toilet scene I didn't like. If "it" fell off, then why was his skin so smooth? and why his lack of concern? If mine falls off you are going to see a pleathora of concern..

Love this freaking show. 1hr episodes are not long enough with all of the commercials.

The toilet scene I didn't like. If "it" fell off, then why was his skin so smooth? and why his lack of concern? If mine falls off you are going to see a pleathora of concern..

He is infected, not thinking properly.

A vampire's physical appearance is governed mainly by the host body shedding those human traits that are obsolete to its new life cycle. Hair and fingernails are gradually lost, while the external nose and ears atrophy, leaving a fully matured vampire's skin as smooth and featureless as marble. The vampire's complexion is extremely pale between feedings, but appears a flushed red after a recent blood-meal. Eye coloration is a black pupil surrounded by a red sclera, with a white nictitating membrane sliding across for protection. The middle fingers of both hands grow and strengthen, and a thick talon develops in place of the lost fingernail. As vampire reproduction is achieved through viral infection of hosts and not through any sexual mechanism, the human genitalia also atrophy, leaving a mature vampire with no discernible sex

I'm still on board.

It has me hooked as far as what happens going forward, but it seems a little "slow".

I haven't read the novels or comics, so maybe the story isn't supposed to be action packed...

Either way, i will keep watching.

Yeah, guys don't like going to the doctor until they're sure something's wrong. It doesn't get more wrong than that. My 911 call would have a million hits on Youtube

I'm still on board.

It has me hooked as far as what happens going forward, but it seems a little "slow".

I haven't read the novels or comics, so maybe the story isn't supposed to be action packed...

They are claiming the show will be 5 seasons long. I would imagine a bit of time with the world not running amuck would be a good thing when sitting down and watching seasons at a time.

I am enjoying the slow burn because all hell is going to break loose soon enough.

I'm still on board.

They are claiming the show will be 5 seasons long. I would imagine a bit of time with the world not running amuck would be a good thing when sitting down and watching seasons at a time.

I am enjoying the slow burn because all hell is going to break loose soon enough.

Yeah, I think I am just anxious to see what the old man can do with his cane sword, haha.

Now that I think about it… Isn't this kind of how Guillermo Del Toro movies play out too? A slow build to these huge, fantastical, awesome action sequences with crazy monsters?

Now that Ephraim and crew have actually seen what the vampires can do, I think the whole system has changed for episode 4. Abraham is finally going to be a game changer and get mess done.