• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

I have not read the source material but I am guessing this will be just a season or 2 to tell the complete story? or do the book(s) branch out?

Also - everyone calling the guy Eph was driving me nuts. I was running around the house saying "f this" "f that" lol

Del Toro wants to do 5 seasons (if successful) , but no more than that. Here's the quote:

"To further differentiate between the two, del Toro and Cuse are planning to expand the three books into five seasons of The Strain, should the television series prove as popular as the novels. Like Game of Thrones, which has — to mixed results — featured subplots not in the novels, The Strain will use its extra time to explore entirely new ideas. “The first season is the first book, we have enough anecdotes in the second book to do two seasons, and I think that by the end of the third season, we’ll have enough threads of story to do another two seasons.”

“But then it ends,” del Toro stated emphatically. “We will not go beyond the fifth season. I don’t want this to be a show that stays on until it’s not successful. I would like it to end the way the books are mapped. I don’t want to spoil, but we are going to do what we do at the end of the second book at the end of the second season — we will do that big finale. We know where we’re going and it’s exciting.”"

5 seasons might be a bit overzealous but would be fantastic if they can pull it off! They've been pulling from the first 7ish comics back and forth in the first 2 episodes so its been an interesting adaptation. Really looking forward to the adaptations of the other initial "survivors".

Carlton Cuse Exhumes the Horror, and Science, of ‘The Strain’s’ Vampires

Cuse says in that article that "the series is a much richer tapestry of storytelling than the books. The series goes further and deeper than Guillermo and Chuck were able to do in the books. Chuck has been working with me on the show and has been a part of the writing process. Nobody’s been precious about anything, which is great. I sort of see the books as a wonderful spine for the show, but there’s just a ton of stuff that is in the series that doesn’t exist at all in the books, including major characters. I think some of the other characters are recombined and intensified."

If anyone thinks this series will be exactly like the books then then you might be disappointed but I think the changes will be a great roller coaster. Finally some real vampires!

I just tried watching the first episode but couldn't make it to the end, the writing and acting was terrible. I was really looking forward to this show, oh well.

Found an absolutely brutal review on Vanity Fair from a critic that's seen 4 episodes already. I might have tried again to give it a chance but it doesn't sound like it's getting better anytime soon.

I just tried watching the first episode but couldn't make it to the end, the writing and acting was terrible. I was really looking forward to this show, oh well.

Glad to hear i just don't know how the show will survive without you guys watching god forbid the acting is not up to par with everyone's expectations.

Glad to hear i just don't know how the show will survive without you guys watching god forbid the acting is not up to par with everyone's expectations.

What can I say, it's no Breaking Bad ;)

i hope not who knows what affect some of the good old blue stuff would do to a Vampire. lol

i hope not who knows what affect some of the good old blue stuff would do to a Vampire. lol

:roflmao: