• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

I think it has to go head to head with Fear the Walking Dead Starting August 23.

I hope that doesnt hurt the ratings.

By then it'll be more than halfway through the season.

Episode 7 Airs on August 23rd same day as Fear the Walking Dead Premiere.

Yeah like I said it'll be on episode 7 of 13 by then. Its summertime not many new episodes of shows airing until fall. Why can't a viewer of one watch another? In this day and age hardly anyone watches anything on the date it airs. The rating system has to change with the times.

Is no one going to talk about how they recast the kid with an equally annoying child actor?

But a solid opener indeed! I've only read the first 2 trades, so I'm not too caught up.. but it was super cool to see the backstory that was in Issue #1 (I think??) put on screen for Episode 2.1! Very well done Guillermo (thumbs u

This season looks better in the special effects department. Even the master looked less "puppet-y".

Is no one going to talk about how they recast the kid with an equally annoying child actor?

But a solid opener indeed! I've only read the first 2 trades, so I'm not too caught up.. but it was super cool to see the backstory that was in Issue #1 (I think??) put on screen for Episode 2.1! Very well done Guillermo (thumbs u

This season looks better in the special effects department. Even the master looked less "puppet-y".

It sort of makes sense why the master is so rubbery and moves in weird shifting ways. As the into showed the vampire (master) took over that body a long long time ago so if you factor in age of wearing down plus when the giant guy was human he didn't move very well at all and had deformities etc. Just a thought. 2c

It sort of makes sense why the master is so rubbery and moves in weird shifting ways. As the into showed the vampire (master) took over that body a long long time ago so if you factor in age of wearing down plus when the giant guy was human he didn't move very well at all and had deformities etc. Just a thought. 2c

Agreed. Some people on the forums were talking about how bad the master looked in season 1. I never had an issue with it but things were looking good in 2.1 I thought.

Agreed. Some people on the forums were talking about how bad the master looked in season 1. I never had an issue with it but things were looking good in 2.1 I thought.

Weren't those new army of kids creepy as heck. I bet that is going to be a big tool for the Master this season. Also it was great to see Quinlan again.

Weren't those new army of kids creepy as heck. I bet that is going to be a big tool for the Master this season. Also it was great to see Quinlan again.

yeah... and specifically blind kids!? I guess because their other senses were probably already so heightened? I think something like that was mentioned. I wonder if the master healed them of their lack of sight as well. And Kelly gets to be a mom still! lol This season looks intense.

Also, if Storage Wars was as exciting as that scene I might still watch that show.

For some reason after reading a few excepts about how the show is not following the books etc (kinda like WD does) I'm getting a vibe the Strain won't be done after 5 seasons. I got a feeling it'll either continue or have a spinoff in some fashion.

It will all depend on the ratings, but compared to the number of flops that we see every season on TV, I'd bank on / hope for at least a couple more seasons. At the very least, I don't see how it will lose much popularity at this point.

Speaking on the non-chronological nature - I think the elder dudes didn't show up until the 3rd trade (around when "The Fall" started). To my knowledge, the seasons might just follow each of the stories (The Strain, The Fall, Night Eternal)... and I think that might be all that's in the cards. I believe it was written in the novels as a trilogy originally, but need to double check. I know even less about the novels than I do the comics... which being one of the few that's read any of them is barely something :P