• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation misses

227 posts in this topic

You and I are almost 100% in agreement but I like Enormous. Hype or not, there isn't a better looking book on the market right now imo. Throw in giant creatures and a cool story where the lead character's mom leaves in the strangest circumstance in recent memory and I think you have a story with legs.

I never finished Ex Machina.

Everyone I've talked to hates the ending, so I'm scared to, haha.

You gotta finish it! :baiting:

I liked the ending. I'm still holding Ex Machina #1s for a rainy day.

It's a good ending. It's just a really, really dark good ending.

And I'll add to that American Vampire # 1.

Bought 20 copies of that when Snyder started to get buzz on Batman. Add in the Stephen King-written back-up story & you have...

Nothing.

A good sleeper book to accumulate, IMO.

BTW, sorry for all the posts - just catching up on this thread.

PREACHER 52(?)

Some people are trying to work this book up because it has a preview for 100 BULLETS in it. Does having a preview for a book no one cares about make the first book no one cares about worth more ???

I think some collectors/dealers are looking for any reason to make a PREACHER book a 'key' issue since there are only two (1 &13, and 13 is iffy) in the entire series.

Preacher 52 could go somewhere if 100 Bullets makes it to either TV of film. Warner Bros has said they are looking to produce something with the property. Even without a TV announcement, actual sales for 100 Bullets #1 9.8 are priced higher than you may think. Preacher 52 and other pre-100 Bullets #1 appearances could see nice sales prices, a la Agents #6 and Capes #1 for Walking Dead.

New X-Men 128 - 1st Fantomex

...still holding out hope for this one

I think eventually that will take off. Great character.

I think it hurts that he's not on the cover. If you could put the 129 cover on 128, you'd have a perfect first appearance for speculating.

PREACHER 52(?)

Some people are trying to work this book up because it has a preview for 100 BULLETS in it. Does having a preview for a book no one cares about make the first book no one cares about worth more ???

I think some collectors/dealers are looking for any reason to make a PREACHER book a 'key' issue since there are only two (1 &13, and 13 is iffy) in the entire series.

The only thing I disagree with is there are keys in the Preacher world, but they're a little more hidden. The world went ga-ga for the Governor in Walking Dead. Grandma and the Saint of Killers makes him look like the Cookie monster. Don't forget about TC and Jody as well. They could honestly make a years worth of episodes based on those two.

My biggest miss would have to be Bedlam as well, as I made nothing off of those books, and they still sit in a box. I still have multiple copies of CGC 9.8 Revivals, but at least I sold a good 10 of those between $60-80.

Jay

Nowhere Men, Last of Us, Spiderman 700, Any Marvel #1 in 2013. Harley Quinn #1 - 2013.

This being recent moderns on a modern thread+

All of these but some random #1s made good money if you bought and sold at the right time

well my thought on this thread is patience....

I thought those strains I bought where spec misses...

When I was a kid I went to the swap meet and raided the overstock for keys....I dunno how many 1st aps of nightwing I got...but it must me a lot...

So rather then spec misses, mostly these are box up and save in corner of your closet...

SEX #1, EAST OF WEST #1, PRETTY DEADLY #1, FIVE WEAPONS #1, CLONE #1, NOWHERE MEN #1, Any Marvel or DC #1 2013 & 2014, Catwoman 23 (1st App of Joker's Daughter), etc.

I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my mind.

SEX #1, EAST OF WEST #1, PRETTY DEADLY #1, FIVE WEAPONS #1, CLONE #1, NOWHERE MEN #1, Any Marvel or DC #1 2013 & 2014, Catwoman 23 (1st App of Joker's Daughter), etc.

Clone will get hot........ That ones a keeper IMO

Clone will get hot........ That ones a keeper IMO

+1

Reading these list makes me think that like most all things in life, timing is everything. Sex is a comic that I would think nobody bought heavy on pre-orders. It's a limited appeal book that sits on a shelf out of the way in comic shops due to the material. Pretty Deadly was a bust for me but I didn't lose any $ on them, just my time. East of West was a huge hit for me early and I've purchased a lot of them 7 months ago when they bottomed out. I personally think it's still the best book on the market and will stand the test of time. If Five Weapons was a spec book, I missed it though I did buy 1 of each copy. I like it. Clone was a huge winner for me as I bought a ton right before SDCC last year. Comics heating up had an article about a week before the con. Someone bought 50 copies of #1 on ebay for $1 each. That was a STEAL lol

Nowhere Men still brings in the $30 to $40 range for a set of 6 books that would have costed you around $13.50 new. Great winner in my mind buy I understand if people paid $40 to get in on #1, you got stuck when they quit making it. Catwoman #23 was a 300% profit after fees if you pre-ordered and sold quick. I made enough to buy a few for free by selling half of what I bought for cover.

I do understand what you're saying. If someone came in at peak prices on any those in quantity, they got killed.