• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So this guy asks for a refund...

64 posts in this topic

As far as I know Walmart doesn't refund you for gas, parking etc.

No kidding, this guy is an A hole.

Be professional and simply reply that you get your refund as follows:

Purchase price

Cost of shipping ( that's if you offer it, otherwise, just purchase price ).

Mention lack of returning book in same condition if damaged due to no protection.

He gets nothing

Fight it on principal as crazy people think being able to leave a negative gives them some

type of control that they are missing in the real world.

The following is admittedly a generalization but it rings true in a lot of cases.

It's an overall sense of buyer entitlement brought about by entities like Walmart having policies that you can return anything, anytime, for whatever reason. When you start entitling people they start expecting it and get huffy when they don't get it.

I am somewhat happy we don’t have Walmart here, and I stay at safe distance from large commercial venues and department stores… in fact when I can I tend to buy in our historical centre or in smaller supermarkets… lol

You write him a PM through the eBay messaging system simply asking, "I was just wondering why you didn't send the book back in a bag and board." Once he gives an explanation, call up eBay / Paypal and claim that you were accepting a return and the buyer did not send it back in a manner that prevented damage. The item is now damaged. What am I obligated to do now due to the buyer's negligence?

See what they say.

It does not seem to have been a good two months for you, online transaction wise. You need a vacation.

You write him a PM through the eBay messaging system simply asking, "I was just wondering why you didn't send the book back in a bag and board." Once he gives an explanation, call up eBay / Paypal and claim that you were accepting a return and the buyer did not send it back in a manner that prevented damage. The item is now damaged. What am I obligated to do now due to the buyer's negligence?

See what they say.

It does not seem to have been a good two months for you, online transaction wise. You need a vacation.

+1 (the buyers negligence part)

He also spilled a drink on his shirt on the way to the PO and he wants dry cleaning plus he got a traffic ticket he wants that taken care of his wife wants counseling because he was ignoring her thinking about this that should be on your dime.

...and I reply, "No problem, just ship the book back."

I get a message from him the other day :

Hello I sent the comic this morning. The estimated delivery date is Thursday 07/17 via USPS tracking ##13091040000047318250 The total cost was 6.95 for shipping; this does not include my supplies, gas, 1$ parking fee and insurance to insure the comic arrives without incident. I would like the postage refund to be adjusted please.

I get the comic today. It was shipped without a bag or board (which is NOT how it was shipped to him) and shipped inside a makeshift cardboard envelope within a flattened Priority Mail box.

I really hate people sometimes. I'm not refunding him anymore than what the terms of the auction stated when he wanted a refund (buyer pays return shipping...that's the eBay default) and if he leaves a negative I'll call and have the feedback removed.

Peace,

Chip

These are the same inconsiderate aholes who don't clean up after their dogs when they walk them.

Hey Chip,

Personally I value my time at $25 an hour and since I just spent 3 minutes going through this thread you started, you owe me $1.25. I accept PayPal.

:grin:

What's your Paypal address? :)

I refunded his money through the case he opened, which means he got the original purchase price plus the original shipping he paid for.

We'll see if I get a follow-up message from him about it. He's already been blocked.

Peace,

Chip

So, no one is curious as to why he wanted a refund ?

Considering his comments on refunding everything, I'm sure it's irrelevant at best. Guy sounds like a real winner, I hope we don't come in contact with with.

Hey Chip,

Personally I value my time at $25 an hour and since I just spent 3 minutes going through this thread you started, you owe me $1.25. I accept PayPal.

:grin:

What's your Paypal address? :)

I refunded his money through the case he opened, which means he got the original purchase price plus the original shipping he paid for.

We'll see if I get a follow-up message from him about it. He's already been blocked.

Peace,

Chip

All this makes me just want too set up and sell at conventions and give up on all this internet sales stuff. The level of ridiculousness out there is just astounding.

Had a seller on eBay try to pull something similar to this on me awhile back. Bid on a book with $3.50 shipping and watched the auction end. Right as it was ending the shipping jumped to $9.50 in the last few seconds. Clearly the guy didn't get what he thought he would and figured I wouldn't notice. I messaged him when I payed and said $9.50 shipping for one book was insane and he responded he would refund the difference after he shipped it.

Let's just say the guy was horrible at covering his tracks. In the item's description he mentioned that shipping was $3.50 and instead of shipping through Paypal he shipped through the post office and it had the $3 something price label on the package. I got back in touch with him wondering about the shipping refund he had promised and he told me the difference was his supply and gas cost and that he wouldn't be issuing any refund. He then demanded I return the book, which I refused, and I ended up leaving a negative. Only one I've ever left.