• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Pressing

33 posts in this topic

Hi,

just wondered what would be the best way to press a comic with household aids?

-Lennart

You are early by almost 12 hours.

Has anyone got a link to a detailed guide for pressing?

Don't want to rip off my books…

This is literally the only information you will find on how to press:

Good luck getting the desired effects if you do it the way he's presenting it here.

Easy way to press.

• First lay an even piece of sheet metal out in your driveway.
  • Place the comic in a sealed comic book bag and lay it on the sheet metal.
  • Here is the hard part so be careful. Now cut away the treads on one of your rear tires to the point that you have a nice even surface.
  • DO NOT do this to the front tire because if you accidentally turn the wheel while driving over the book, you may damage it.
  • Proceed to drive over the book and flatten the stuffing out of it.
  • Send to CGC
  • Profit.

wtf guys

You're going to get a TON of snark because people ask this every once in a while and discussions on pressing are really old and redundant.

As someone just said, pressing is a trade secret and like I said the video I linked is about all you'll find. There was a good discussion about pressing in the modern section but I haven't seen it in a while.

And be prepared for snark…

Hi,

just wondered what would be the best way to press a comic with household aids?

-Lennart

There is no way with regular household items, that will get you your desired effects. Unless you put them under encyclopedias and have ten years time, and even then you won't get the results you are looking for.

Jim

I've got a few digital comics I was going to press. Do you think shoving my iPhone in the toaster would work?

I took accidentally purposely took mine swimming the other day. Everything worked out just fine. I cannot imagine you would have anything go wrong there.

I find the only conditions that provide enough moisture and humidity are stuffing comics down my pants. I do have to be careful of off gassing though.

I find the only conditions that provide enough moisture and humidity are stuffing comics down my pants. I do have to be careful of off gassing though.

How much do you charge? hm