• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

The Dentist?

From everything I've ever heard, his copy wouldn't be blue label nor would it be a 9.0.

From everything I've heard, including from people who have held it, both of your statements are incorrect.

The Dentist?

From everything I've ever heard, his copy wouldn't be blue label nor would it be a 9.0.

From everything I've heard, including from people who have held it, both of your statements are incorrect.

+1

The Dentist?

Isn't this the confusion from a few years back between the Church copy and the one the Dentist owns?

Supposedly, Borock looked over the one the Dentist owns, and it was 9.2/9.4.

Unless he has two copies, the Dentist's book is the Church book.

The Dentist?

Isn't this the confusion from a few years back between the Church copy and the one the Dentist owns?

The Dentist owns the Church copy of action 1, it would be a blue label and it would grade 9.2/9.4...

The Dentist?

The Dentist owns the Church copy of action 1, it would be a blue label and it would grade 9.2/9.4...

Thank you!

It was in one of those 'Who is The Dentist' threads there was a lot of back and forth over if he owned the Church copy or another that had some work done to it.

Exactly who is "The Dentist"?

Doesn't he own 1-20, but 2-20 were not Church copies?

I certainly don't see why it couldn't be the Church copy. One guy grades it 9.2, CGC ends up grading it 9.0, and that's a surprise somehow?
because dave didn't submit the church copy for grading...that's how it can't be the church (thumbs u

The Dentist?

Thank you!

It was in one of those 'Who is The Dentist' threads there was a lot of back and forth over if he owned the Church copy or another that had some work done to it.

I believe Dave owns the Church copies of action 1-23

The Dentist?

Thank you!

I was familiar with the Dentist, but I had no idea how close I lived to him until reading that thread. Pretty cool.

I certainly don't see why it couldn't be the Church copy. One guy grades it 9.2, CGC ends up grading it 9.0, and that's a surprise somehow?
because dave didn't submit the church copy for grading...that's how it can't be the church (thumbs u

Good to know! :grin:

This is interesting...

If we had Comics Tribune... this would be the lead story..

Absolutely! I want to know who has it and the story of how it has been unknown of until this point! :) I await for details!

:gossip:

It's Pristine Comics.

They have a huge pull out ad in this year's OSPG 44th edition announcing

it's going to auction/for sale in August 2014

that will be the most interesting auction in quite some time. Wonder if the past prices can be replicated. A free-for-all on a 9.0 A1 doesn't happen every day!