• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

What's with the QR Code on the top right corner of the label?

+1

Oh, that would be called, "CGC getting with the program" after myself and several others criticized their announcement of a site that would be more user friendly to smart phones and tablets instead of making a readable label by the smartphone or tablet. I guess when a certain competitor announced that they would be using QR codes on their labels CGC decided to play catchup.

Sadly, notes are $15 on this though.

:idea: That's what I hoped their original "more smartphone friendly" announcement was about.

What's with the QR Code on the top right corner of the label?

+1

Oh, that would be called, "CGC getting with the program" after myself and several others criticized their announcement of a site that would be more user friendly to smart phones and tablets instead of making a readable label by the smartphone or tablet. I guess when a certain competitor announced that they would be using QR codes on their labels CGC decided to play catchup.

Sadly, notes are $15 on this though.

Got to hand it to them, that's quite a book to debut it on :grin:

how much would this cost to slab?

Interesting question...

About $75,000 assuming that CGC didn't comp it.

From the CGC Service and Fees page:

Walkthru.........no limit on value.........3% FMV††

††FMV (Fair Market Value). Minimum Charge per book $150.00, Maximum charge per book $3,000.00.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was comped as was suggested. Not sure they want even the threat of a certain competitor's label on that book . Who knows. But I could see it getting comped

I wouldn't be surprised if it was comped as was suggested. Not sure they want even the threat of a certain competitor's label on that book . Who knows. But I could see it getting comped

At the time this was graded, there was no competitor

apart from tree-fiddy, what could this book go for?

I'm going to venture 3m, if there is a proper auction.

It'd have to be more than that I think to sell.

Meaning what? That it's a BIN sale or reserve auction? If so that's wicked lame.

I get that it's not my book but to me a no reserve sale gets the best result on this.

The book was graded 7/18/2014. I can think of three competitors that existed on that date.

Meaning what? That it's a BIN sale or reserve auction? If so that's wicked lame.

I get that it's not my book but to me a no reserve sale gets the best result on this.

I just don't think $3 mil would get it done.

how much would this cost to slab?

Interesting question...

About $75,000 assuming that CGC didn't comp it.

From the CGC Service and Fees page:

Walkthru.........no limit on value.........3% FMV††

††FMV (Fair Market Value). Minimum Charge per book $150.00, Maximum charge per book $3,000.00.

Yup forgot about the maximum charge. So 3k assuming no comp.

The book was graded 7/18/2014. I can think of three competitors that existed on that date.

Interesting that's the date that's been plugged in.

Interesting that's the date that's been plugged in.

I want you to think about something, if you think the book was "really" graded on 7/18/14, how'd the pictures get to print on an OSPG that gets printed in January and Feb of 2014.

Entirely possible yeah

Yeah, it might not. I think 3 mill is a very conservative suggestion. But I think it could easily go for more.

This is one you buy if you are Scrooge McDuck and hide it away for generations in a secluded castle... :D

What I wanna say is... this really very likely is a once in a lifetime opportunity..