• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if it was comped as was suggested. Not sure they want even the threat of a certain competitor's label on that book . Who knows. But I could see it getting comped

At the time this was graded, there was no competitor

The book was graded 7/18/2014. I can think of three competitors that existed on that date.

Interesting that's the date that's been plugged in.

I want you to think about something, if you think the book was "really" graded on 7/18/14, how'd the pictures get to print on an OSPG that gets printed in January and Feb of 2014.

That's easy. We all read comic books. Time machine.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was comped as was suggested. Not sure they want even the threat of a certain competitor's label on that book . Who knows. But I could see it getting comped

The book was graded 7/18/2014. I can think of three competitors that existed on that date.

I want you to think about something, if you think the book was "really" graded on 7/18/14, how'd the pictures get to print on an OSPG that gets printed in January and Feb of 2014.

I "thought" that the cut-off for printed info to get into the guide was end of April?

I would think it gets printed later than that. It's digital layout and printing. But yea 07/18 would be way to late to get it into the book.

Either way, you get my point. Ads, etc., let's say it could be as late as april -- which I'm not sure about (they're already soliciting for advertising NOW for 2015 OSPG), but obviously 7/18/2014 doesn't make any sense.

(thumbs u First thing I thought also (though I wouldn't be surprised if go to print date was actually around the end of April).

What would be the explanation for the delayed census/ post date? Comic-Con roll out?? I would like to think CGC wouldn't agree to it but I guess they weren't pulling any strings when it came to being the grader on a book of this magnitude? Wow, this would have been quite the coup for the new grading company.....

No I agree that 7/18 does not make sense given that G.A.tor has a copy in hand (meaning it would have been scanned, printed, and bound over the weekend and then somehow gotten into G.A.tor's flippers (or whatever gators have for hands).

What's with the QR Code on the top right corner of the label?

+1

Oh, that would be called, "CGC getting with the program" after myself and several others criticized their announcement of a site that would be more user friendly to smart phones and tablets instead of making a readable label by the smartphone or tablet. I guess when a certain competitor announced that they would be using QR codes on their labels CGC decided to play catchup.

Sadly, notes are $15 on this though.

:idea: That's what I hoped their original "more smartphone friendly" announcement was about.

If anyone has a copy of the OSPG where this book was shown, can they scan the QR code and report what they get back?

obviously wasn't graded 7/18 but what's the rationale/justification for keeping it out of the census?

Maybe a request was made, to hold off on adding it to the census?

Maybe a request was made, to hold off on adding it to the census?

We have a ^^

image_zps5804bcdf.jpg

QP sucks. The white on the spine is crooked.

Pass.

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

AC1 wasn't just expensive beause its scarce... but because it's AC1.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

And with white pages there is even a claim that this IS the best AC1.

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

AC1 wasn't just expensive beause its scarce... but because it's AC1.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

And with white pages there is even a claim that this IS the best AC1.

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

Are you sitting next to a bong? :baiting: Or just trolling?