• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

I've got a feeling this book is going to head overseas, and we may never know who actually won it...

thanks, Obama

No way! This is Gator's book to lose!! There are a few factors in play that make this book more attractive to a prominent dealer here in the states.

My three top choices for who will win the book are:

Barney (purple ?)

One of the wiggles

One of the teletubbies

Obviously no one has a clue so my guesses are as good as any hehe

Metropolis, Illinois should've passed a referendum earlier in August to raise enough money to buy it and store it at the Superman museum.

Or Steve Geppi will buy it.

Either way, remember kids: Crack, Press, Resubmit is the way to profit on the resale!

What I find funny with folks that post about "rumored celebrities" is that just a few years ago the "finest" existing available action 1 came to market and no one ballyhooed all the names (none of which are going to bid or win the book...I heard a rumor). Geesh!

What I find funny with folks that post about "rumored celebrities" is that just a few years ago the "finest" existing available action 1 came to market and no one ballyhooed all the names (none of which are going to bid or win the book...I heard a rumor). Geesh!

B-b-b-b-but that copy didn't have WHITE PAGES!! Don't you know that this makes all the difference to celebrities?? lol

Eminem and Di caprio are rumored to also be interested parties

Eminem is still smarting from getting his azz handed to him in the auction of the Hulk #180 first appearance of Wolverine original art that he was also "rumored" to be interested in. :blush:

Rick, Rick, Rick, don't you understand that celebrities have the ability to see into the future? :makepoint:

That's why Jerry Seinfeld, who apparently has been craving an Action 1 his entire life, has passed on every Action 1 that has come to market thus far because he knew THIS copy was better than all of them and it would come to market in 2014.

Eminem and Di caprio are rumored to also be interested parties

Eminem is still smarting from getting his azz handed to him in the auction of the Hulk #180 first appearance of Wolverine original art that he was also "rumored" to be interested in. :blush:

As I understand it, Eminem would have won the page but then the rule that the buyer of all big OA must be known to Gene Park was invoked, and he had to drop out.

For god's sake, man, answer his repeated Friend requests so he can become your buddy and become eligible to buy the next big OA that comes down the pike!

Rick, Rick, Rick, don't you understand that celebrities have the ability to see into the future? :makepoint:

That's why Jerry Seinfeld, who apparently has been craving an Action 1 his entire life, has passed on every Action 1 that has come to market thus far because he knew THIS copy was better than all of them and it would come to market in 2014.

:idea: and there we have it

finally a voice of reason!

I've got a feeling this book is going to head overseas, and we may never know who actually won it...

hm

putin.jpg

Nah, everybody knows he'll just ask the eventual winner if he can see it, then walk off with it and never give it back.

lol

In all seriousness, the man said in a recent interview that he only owns a few '60s Superman comics and "nothing impressive" at that. At age 60, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who's going to suddenly get into comic collecting, let alone feel like he has to have the highest graded copy or that he has to give a flying :spoon: about concepts like page quality. These are notions that only people who have wasted spent years and years of their life obsessing about comic books would even conceive of being remotely plausible.

Besides, everyone knows that Seinfeld collects cars and cares about them more than he does about Superman. :fear:

hm

putin.jpg

Nah, everybody knows he'll just ask the eventual winner if he can see it, then walk off with it and never give it back.

such a book would look excellent next to my Patriots ring (how do you type a Russian accent?)