• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Asked if it had been professionally pressed and what defects kept it at 9.0 and not higher.

Note the special "guest star" in the infomercial about this book, and look at the back cover scan for the answer to these questions. An in-house pressing (and whatever else) service has it's advantages! :acclaim:

Seriously, MATT NELSON is in the video. I'm just upset he wasn't pressing the book in the video.

Asked if it had been professionally pressed and what defects kept it at 9.0 and not higher.

Note the special "guest star" in the infomercial about this book, and look at the back cover scan for the answer to these questions. An in-house pressing (and whatever else) service has it's advantages! :acclaim:

Seriously, MATT NELSON is in the video. I'm just upset he wasn't pressing the book in the video.

lol

signed Declaration of Independence

Signed by Stan Lee?

He would sign that in a heartbeat.

He totally would:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTION-COMICS-1976-1-SAFEGUARD-1938-REPRINT-CGC-9-8-SS-STAN-LEE-1-OF-1-/161396002809?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2593f38ff9

*edit - just saw you were referring to Stan Lee signing the Declaration of Independence. Of course you know he would totally sign that Action Comics.

If someone is using a sniper on a book like this, I'd be trying it out early! lol

Just my 2c

Manual snipe, I would never trust a program to do it for me on a book like this.

agreed, especially on something I really want.

What other pieces of Americana might be considered comparable to a book like this?

Detective Comics #27

The first office proof copy of Action 1, with notations from all the participants and the editor, who sent it to Eleanor Roosevelt hoping for a letter about its educational value, who left it on FDR's desk, where it was read and doodled on by numerous visitors, including Babe Ruth, Humphrey Bogart and Albert Einsten, who was inspired by the story to scribble notes in the margins on his unified field theory.

What other pieces of Americana might be considered comparable to a book like this?

Detective Comics #27

The first office proof copy of Action 1, with notations from all the participants and the editor, who sent it to Eleanor Roosevelt hoping for a letter about its educational value, who left it on FDR's desk, where it was read and doodled on by numerous visitors, including Babe Ruth, Humphrey Bogart and Albert Einsten, who was inspired by the story to scribble notes in the margins on his unified field theory.

;)

Thank goodness CGC conducting work on books in-house isn't considered a conflict of interest, otherwise the $1,000,000+ of value this book was deemed to be "improved" by might be called into question! lol

Thank goodness CGC conducting work on books in-house isn't considered a conflict of interest, otherwise the $1,000,000+ of value this book was deemed to be "improved" by might be called into question! lol

Indeed.

But, don't forget, they held this book off the census!!! :o:o:o A true slap in the face to us collectors. :eyeroll:

lol Conflicts of interest all over the place!