• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

How much fun would it be if the servers went down and it went for <2mill...

You think Ebay are just going to shrug and refer seller to their terms & conditions like us lowborns with our modern drek... :popcorn:

Now this is a good question.

Let's say for hypocritically example's sake: What if the mysterious top bidder decided to hire a pro hacker to shut down the system seconds after the top bidder put in his bid - say like $2.0, 2.2 millions whatever?

We are talking about THE comic book - this one is the top cherry of all comic books in the kingdom. Any book over $2 million is worth to do whatever it take to snatch!

I had my lock in at 2.6-million and I think I'm going to be way off. EBay's servers will not crash. Bidding on this book will be limited to those pre-approved. What we are seeing now are thrill bidders because I think everyone knows it's not going to get heavy until the last hours. Much like CC and CL auctions where you see blips for weeks until the last hours.

What's their return policy :) Do normal EBay and Paypal nonsense disputes hold water? Can someone buy it, attempt to flip it, and then 45 days later open a not as described case?

A DOS attack would be feasible. It would have to be within the last 15 min of bidding. It would take a good amount of resources to do it. They would also have an excellent starting place to look at who was behind it too.

Any thoughts that maybe a corporation will pick this up instead of an individual collector.

A company like Time Warner could easily pick this up as an investment or piece of art for the CEO's washroom.

Or give it away like wal-mart did with the wagner card

I don't understand the bidding-can someone explain why several bids are the same amount?

y***i ( 66Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $1,500,000.00

Aug-14-14 18:05:07 PDT

w***c ( 5127Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) US $1,500,000.00

Aug-14-14 19:11:05 PDT

I don't understand the bidding-can someone explain why several bids are the same amount?

First bid at the amount is accepted

It's called round numbers.

You should bid 1,509,999.99 or something like that if you really want to win.

It's called round numbers.

You should bid 1,509,999.99 or something like that if you really want to win.

I usually go 2 cents up. Ex. 1,500,000.02

I don't understand how you guys know who is what bidder with the IDs disguised like that.

Peace,

Chip

F******8 was obviously Filter81 - Adam...

To confirm I looked up Filter81 and they had the same feedback score.

The others? I am not familiar with the others.

I don't understand how you guys know who is what bidder with the IDs disguised like that.

Peace,

Chip

:shy:

Peace,

Chip

Filter81 and G.A.tor are the only ones that I think we have confirmation of. The rest is speculation.

Peace,

Chip

Filter81 and G.A.tor are the only ones that I think we have confirmation of. The rest is speculation.

I do not know Rick's eBay ID but he said he was a contender so that is gospel as far as I am concerned. Adam's was pretty easy to figure out. I could not figure out the rest if you offered me the book itself as a prize. Personally I would hope that the book stays stateside as it is of historical significance. Does the Library of Congress own a copy in any grade ?

Peace,

Chip

I do not know Rick's eBay ID but he said he was a contender so that is gospel as far as I am concerned. Adam's was pretty easy to figure out. I could not figure out the rest if you offered me the book itself as a prize. Personally I would hope that the book stays stateside as it is of historical significance. Does the Library of Congress own a copy in any grade ?

He confirmed he's w***c in the Gold thread.