• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

I cannot stop thinking of the nerve raking intensity of the manual sniping that occurred here.

Just imagine if in the last minute one of them had a sudden bad case of diarrhea.

:roflmao:

I cannot stop thinking of the nerve raking intensity of the manual sniping that occurred here.

Just imagine if in the last minute one of them had a sudden bad case of diarrhea.

:roflmao:

Where do you think the more serious ones were bidding from?

'HONEY, I'll be just a little while longer!'

That was exciting to watch. Is there a chance that Metropolis purchased it for a client?

I suggested that but, Roy brought up some valid points and I am now under the idea that Metropolis simply wants to own and eventually sell the most expensive Action 1 in history and not allow eBay to keep that title.

One of things that they pride themselves on is truthfully dealing with the best of the best and most expensive books in the hobby. This ensures that they will regain the title from eBay in the next year or two if it truly was to eventually flip.

Interesting to look at the bids. This one could have went higher.

So there was a new bidder that laid down a bid that was greater than the 2.7 mil bid by B***K (10538) with seconds to go.

That bidder, 9***1 (62), had not bid at all on the book until that point.

They must have been close to the 2.7 bid of B**K (10538), because they right away laid out an increase to their bid to 3,207,752.

They got out bid by the winner by...

$100.

Talk about being pizzed. Someone is going to be shopping for a new laptop tomorrow, because you know they threw it out the window.

Metro can't claim they sold the most expensive book anymore.

Very nice book and a keeper forever If I had won it. I mean if I even had the resources to own it. I hope it is displayed somewhere so everyone can appreciate it.