• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

There's nothing dorky about 3.2 million dollars being spent

...exactly.... even considering that 3.2M is the new 1.5M after factoring in all the rampant inflation since the housing bubble burst. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Should press to a 9.2

lol Yep, there's no stopping this book: 8.0 > 8.5 > 9.0 > 9.2? ... It just gets younger the more time passes -- it's the Benjamin Button of comics!

It won't be increased by one grade due to two tears at both ends of the spine. You can see it on the back cover.

Should press to a 9.2

lol Yep, there's no stopping this book: 8.0 > 8.5 > 9.0 > 9.2? ... It just gets younger the more time passes -- it's the Benjamin Button of comics!

It won't be increased by one grade due to two tears at both ends of the spine. You can see it on the back cover.

...it would likely make the tears worse.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Should press to a 9.2

It never went from 8.0 to 8.5. It went direct to 9.0.

Should press to a 9.2

Interesting. That's one helluva book.

Like a soccer game that sits at 0-0 for the entire game and then one team scores a point at the very last second, this auction should have started at $3mil due to the previous offer and see if anyone else had the cajones to bid over that. I think most of us figured it would reach 3mil but many were expecting a whole lot more. I can see Metropolis being the the one who initially offered 3 million. It would have been a good way to ensure it never went through another auction house but if they were the ones with the original offer, it only cost them $207k more to acquire it. I do believe if there had been an extended bidding session, this could have gone for more, Perhaps another 2-300k up to $3.5million. Still a nice haul.

Like a soccer game that sits at 0-0 for the entire game and then one team scores a point at the very last second, this auction should have started at $3mil due to the previous offer and see if anyone else had the cajones to bid over that. I think most of us figured it would reach 3mil but many were expecting a whole lot more. I can see Metropolis being the the one who initially offered 3 million. It would have been a good way to ensure it never went through another auction house but if they were the ones with the original offer, it only cost them $207k more to acquire it. I do believe if there had been an extended bidding session, this could have gone for more, Perhaps another 2-300k up to $3.5million. Still a nice haul.

I concur. If Heritage or Metropolis were running the auction, it may have realized at least 5-10% more.

I concur. If Heritage or Metropolis were running the auction, it may have realized at least 5-10% more.

How much more of a commission would they take though?