• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kong: Skull Island (3/10/17)
2 2

150 posts in this topic

New KONG: SKULL ISLAND Motion Poster Promises To "Awaken The King" In One Week

YI9gUdF.jpg

The official Kong: Skull Island Instagram account has just released a new motion poster that reveals when we'll get our first look at the Vogt-Roberts-directed film. The teaser lasts only for a few seconds, and it's labeled with the movie's official tagline, "Awaken the king."

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jordan Vogt-Roberts spoke on the newest "Kong" film, and revealed that their incarnation of Kong will be the biggest we've ever seen on screen. “Our Kong is by far the biggest Kong that you’ve seen on screen, and that translates to a lot of different things on the island.” Vogt-Roberts then elaborated and compared his Kong's size to Peter Jackson's version, “Peter Jackson’s Kong was around 25 feet. The ‘33 Kong ranged between 25 feet and 50 feet, I want to say he was 50-plus feet when he was on the Empire State Building. He varied in size dramatically! The ’70s Kong was somewhere between them.”

My first thought was that this one reads & feels more like a horror movie. It seems different.

Speaking of which, I was wondering if I'm the only one getting Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness vibes (in a good, dark, scary way that is).

My first thought was that this one reads & feels more like a horror movie. It seems different.

Speaking of which, I was wondering if I'm the only one getting Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness vibes (in a good, dark, scary way that is).

Yep. I get that. I like it.

Initially, I had zero interest in this.

But when my friend showed me the trailer yesterday and told me that the same team who did the recent Godzilla are involved and that there is supposed to be a tie-in with Godzilla at some point ....yeah, I'm hooked.

New KONG: SKULL ISLAND NYCC Poster Reveals Connections To Gareth Edwards' GODZILLA

A new Kong: Skull Island poster revealed at New York Comic Con last weekend had some surprises for keen-eyed fans. When the poster was put under a blacklight, some interesting elements were uncovered, including the Monarch symbol, which is an agency featured in Gareth Edwards' Godzilla. The poster also shows that Skull Island rests upon the skeleton of a giant, unidentified prehistoric creature.

skull-island-poster.jpg

Kong: Skull Island Launches Viral Monarch Campaign

QEnhyCs.png

The mysteries of Kong: Skull Island are held largely in part by Monarch Sciences, who has sent multiple groups to the island to explore and discover what secrets it hides. As a result, fans can learn a thing or two about the island and the King himself through several covert transmissions.

In a viral marketing campaign for Kong: Skull Island, the studios has started leaking encrypted communications on the Monarch Twitter account. These transmissions are encrypted in a variety of ways, such as the first exampe which used an every third key code that eventually spelled out DESTINATIONACQUIRED. You then could head to Monarch's open hub (discoverskullisland.com) and open several folders containing live footage from the recon team.