• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kong: Skull Island (3/10/17)
2 2

150 posts in this topic

I hate to say this but as soon as I saw the trailer with Samuel L. Jackson it started to feel wrong. I like Sam but Sam can only play Sam and it seems like they resorted to some stunt casting which tells me that that they are trying to get the movie over the finish line on star power. As many issues as there were with The Legend of Tarzan, Sam being Sam in that time period was such a forced piece of work that I could never buy into his role for one second. I feel the same thing is about to happen with Kong. The most interesting thing I have seen in the trailers so far are the dinosaurs, Kong himself is rather bland by comparison. I have already moved this one into the "possible rental" section. I was hoping for more.

Kong: Skull Island Has Major End Credits Scene

05UUCNj.jpg

No telling what the scene is yet - but if we had to guess: It's probably something that reveals Godzilla's presence in this "Monsterverse" (official name), giving fans an Avengers-style button scene that will get the hype going for both King of Monsters and King Kong vs. Godzilla. But again: that's just speculation. 

:banana:

Coincidentally the wife and I are watching the end of the Peter Jackson film on itv2 in the UK. Kong's just took the plunge. We've both got tears in our eyes. Soppy buggers. How good is Naomi Watts in that film......:cloud9:

39 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Coincidentally the wife and I are watching the end of the Peter Jackson film on itv2 in the UK. Kong's just took the plunge. We've both got tears in our eyes. Soppy buggers. How good is Naomi Watts in that film......:cloud9:

I'm watching her in Shut In right now. What a sexy actress. But I agree she had the thankless job of following up Fay Wray (let's forget about Jessica shall we) and for the most part succeeded.