• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Frank Miller ill?

64 posts in this topic

I love Frank mIller's comics

I love his Batman

I love his Daredevil more

That's it.

I couldn't have said it any better... so I will quote you

+1000

Just re-read DD 219 for maybe the 100th time last week, man that sux

I have always wondered, how many people worldwide consider his run on DD the best of Ol Horn head.

&

How many comic readers, for the first time ever - became DD fans due solely to Frank Miller's work on the title.

Personally, Wood's covers and art attracted me to DD.

But it was upon seeing (powerful enough, that I felt it) Miller's take, that I absolutely became addicted and hooked forever as a diehard DD fan.

I have always wondered, how many people worldwide consider his run on DD the best of Ol Horn head.

&

How many comic readers, for the first time ever - became DD fans due solely to Frank Miller's work on the title.

But it was upon seeing (powerful enough, that I felt it) Miller's take, that I absolutely became addicted and hooked forever as a diehard DD fan.

You and I are like twins. Loved Wood and Everett on the title but Miller hooked me for life.

&

You and I are like twins. Loved Wood and Everett on the title but Miller hooked me for life.

What flowed from his fingers upon working on DD, seriously affected I believe, a staggering amount of individuals' preconceived notions on comic art and writing.

The truly awesome and wonderful thing, is It is still happening everyday.

A high-school brethren of mine, who dabbled back in the day in comics for a spell, FINALLY took my word to read Milker's "run"(s) on DD, just over two weeks ago.

His message on my voicemail upon reading a couple collected works was, "DUUUDE.....WOW.....SIMPLY WOW

CALL ME ASAP

AND THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH MAN"

Pretty neat stuff imho.

Guest Grails
He's my favorite writer/artist.

I don't want to speculate on his health. If he's ill, here's wishing him a speedy recovery and many healthy, happy, curmudgeonly, noirish years to come.

I am clearly biased on this topic.

I'm hoping and praying the best for Frank Miller, he's the reason I fell in love with comics.

Same feeling here.

I don't want to speculate on his health. If he's ill, here's wishing him a speedy recovery and many healthy, happy, curmudgeonly, noirish years to come.

I'm hoping and praying the best for Frank Miller, he's the reason I fell in love with comics.

Same feeling here.

+1

He's kind of a crackpot, but man - I still want to see more Sin City stories.

Same feeling here.

+1

I've always loved the DD & Dark Knight runs so I went ahead and picked up the new Dark Horse collected HC of BIG Damn Sin City - 12+ pounds of monstrous Miller I can't wait to dig into!

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Damn-City-Frank-Miller/dp/1616552379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406611601&sr=8-1&keywords=Big+damn+city

Same feeling here.

+1

I've always loved the DD & Dark Knight runs so I went ahead and picked up the new Dark Horse collected HC of BIG Damn Sin City - 12+ pounds of monstrous Miller I can't wait to dig into!

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Damn-City-Frank-Miller/dp/1616552379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406611601&sr=8-1&keywords=Big+damn+city

i nearly bought that but ended up just buying the 3rd editions instead, that book would annoy me when reading it

Same feeling here.

+1

i nearly bought that but ended up just buying the 3rd editions instead, that book would annoy me when reading it

Weird to see him so frail looking. I hadn't seen a recent pic, and have met him a few times before; last time I saw him was at NYCC three years ago at the Midtown Comics booth and he looked much healthier.

That Big Damn Sin City book is monstrous. It's like 12 lbs and reading it is probably a hassle; you certainly can't sit it on your lap because your legs would go numb! lol I own these and they are AWESOME!

Sin City: The Frank Miller Library, Set I & II (Volumes 1-7)