• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Max - Fury Road - 2015

230 posts in this topic

I need to see this movie

The reviews and reactions from those who have seen it sound amazing

Be sure to go to that massive screened (GTX, etc.) or IMAX theatre with the killer sound system where the seats shake as the bass rumbles. This is not a movie experience to pinch pennies on and see in a standard theater.

I need to see this movie

Be sure to go to that massive screened (GTX, etc.) or IMAX theatre with the killer sound system where the seats shake as the bass rumbles. This is not a movie experience to pinch pennies on and see in a standard theater.

The music is tremendous.

I need to see this movie

The music is tremendous.

I had flashbacks to the final chase scene in Road Warrior where the music synced perfectly with the drama unfolding on the screen.

FWIW, my wife hated the movie. Too over-the-top, too violent, too alien, too...much. This is where George Miller has really succeeded in his world-building, if it's so real, so visceral, that it succeeds in bringing you into it fully, whether you wanted to be in or not is a different matter.

I need to see this movie

Main 'weakness' is the 1st 20 minutes when there is hardly any dialog or back story narrative for those who cannot recall Road Warrior or Thunderdome from 30+ years ago. Recommend you see Grandmaster (story of Ip Man) on dvd as a better overall action film. A ballet of kung fu violence, :headbang: stunts, and a side of opium. Do not confuse with the other 3 Ip Man movie dvd's one can borrow from a well stocked public library.

I did see Thunderdome on Blu-ray at Wal-mart yesterday for about $5.99.

I need to see this movie

The music is tremendous.

I had flashbacks to the final chase scene in Road Warrior where the music synced perfectly with the drama unfolding on the screen.

FWIW, my wife hated the movie. Too over-the-top, too violent, too alien, too...much. This is where George Miller has really succeeded in his world-building, if it's so real, so visceral, that it succeeds in bringing you into it fully, whether you wanted to be in or not is a different matter.

exactly... when I went to see it last week, I couldn't sleep after it as I was merely left with staying up and thinking about what I had just seen. The movie definitely stays with you.

One of the most visually beautiful films I've ever seen [especially one making liberal use of CGI] -- turquoise & gold meditations, punctuated with chalky whites & sanguinary reds. There's Salvador Dali here; there's thunderous teutonic opera; there's Ed Roth's art like never before; & there's Simone de Bouvier. The repeated color-exploding close-ups of the villain's eyes over his wheel are formidable images that are sure to last.

I have a hearing disability & have always struggled with heavy accents. I understood about 40% of the film's dialog. Fortunately, there wasn't much.

WOW that is a sig worth review. lol I have hearing loss too but it did not matter the dialog was a distant second to the visual and the sound effects. Right form the beginning of the movie with the car starting up and the bass of the exhaust the perma grin stated and never stopped for the entire movie

Just saw it, so worth it. Might even see this again depending who of my other friends have yet to see it and need company (really wish I didn't see Avengers 2 a second time and just used the money towards seeing this one again). Pretty much the most perfect action movie in a long while.

I saw Mad Max - Fury Road this weekend with my son and this movie delivered. Heavy on action, excitement, and visually stunning. My favorite movie last year was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. So, far, my favorite movie this year is Mad Max - Fury Road.

My son, who is 16, said it was his favorite movie this year as well. I asked him about Avengers AOU and he said that movie was good, but it felt like a movie he had seen already. I agree with this completely. Mad Max was different and remember-able, which is definitely a welcome change from recent box office hits.

So far, the summer is off to a strong start. It's nice seeing something new and different and I hope more movies deliver the goods this summer.

Edited by rjrjr

I saw Mad Max - Fury Road this weekend with my son and this movie delivered. Heavy on action, excitement, and visually stunning. My favorite movie last year was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. So, far, my favorite movie this year is Mad Max - Fury Road.

My son, who is 16, said it was his favorite movie this year as well. I asked him about Avengers AOU and he said that movie was good, but it felt like a movie he had seen already. I agree with this completely. Mad Max was different and remember-able, which is definitely a welcome change from recent box office hits.

So far, the summer is off to a strong start. It's nice seeing something new and different and I hope more movies deliver the goods this summer.

I loved all 3 Max movies growing up - particularly no.2

My wife has no interest in this kind of film - I have a 10 year old - would they cope?

p.s. I took my 6 year old to see Avengers ultron and he asked to leave 5 mins in....

My wife has no interest in this kind of film - I have a 10 year old - would they cope?

p.s. I took my 6 year old to see Avengers ultron and he asked to leave 5 mins in....

It's not a picture for a ten year old.

I would not take kids to see this movie. It definitely is aimed at adults as the entire premise is very adult oriented. I have a 13 year old daughter I wouldn't take to it, not that she would be interested in either case.

I would not take kids to see this movie. It definitely is aimed at adults as the entire premise is very adult oriented. I have a 13 year old daughter I wouldn't take to it, not that she would be interested in either case.

Agreed,

Not for kids.

A very dark movie.

A good movie, but not a fun feel good movie like Avengers: Age of Ultron or Guardians of The Galaxy.

Lots of violence in Mad Max: Fury Road.

Two hours of non-stop car chasing smash-em up violent action.

Definitely more aimed at the adult male audience. (thumbs u

Went to see it again tonight with the wife in 3D the only problem is it got moved from the super sized screen to a smaller screen and the weaker surround sound.Still loved it

Only movie I have seen twice in a theater/ that right there should tell you something about this movie (worship)(worship)(worship)

o.k. I know there is already a Mad Max thread, but I must be missing something...

Almost to the point that I feel like I didn't see the same movie that everyone else is raving about.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie - it just takes a lot more in my opinion to be great...

This movie reminds me of something like Avatar where the presentation is very beautiful and the shots were grand and the stunts/special effects were smoking!...

I just don't think there was a strong plot and that's HUGE when trying to paint a movie a classic. Yes I know, that they were just trying to find something better, but there was hardly any character development and with that there isn't any emotional investment in any of the characters. That's what makes classic movies.

Take the pretty decorative film making away and this movie would be surely doomed.

For example look at the 80's Mad Max like Road Warriors and there is plenty of character development and hardly none of the flash that was in this movie...

There was the guy that flew the mini-copter, mad max, the dog boy, hell even the villain with assless chaps had more depth to offer than any of these new characters.

So paint me in the minority.

I give this movie a fun pop corn rating of 6.5–7 out of 10 which is generous since this is basically an action chase movie with tons of style, but unfortunately no depth.