• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Max - Fury Road - 2015

230 posts in this topic

RT has just about lost all credibility now...

They have Melissa McCarthy's goofball looking "Spy" currently at 100%!

:tonofbricks:

Why would RT lose credibility when all it does it take all reviews and assigns a score? 100% means 100% of critics that have reviewed it so far consider it "fresh" or good (at least 3/5 stars).

Hey Guys,

The excitement and wonder this movie evoked is a rare thing for me. As an artist, I am also mesmerized by the behind the scenes vision, approach and process. I really do think this film will inspire a whole new generation of up & coming film-makers (relished, reviewed & discussed for years to come).

-Michael

great article...

Do You Realize Mad Max: Fury Road Is A Miracle?

http://io9.com/do-you-realize-mad-max-fury-road-is-a-miracle-1707000166

Why I think it didn`t excite me like most was I seen all this stuff and storylines done in videogames over the last decade.

If you haven`t been experiencing the last 6 to 8 years of videogames than Mad Max Fury Road will seem fresh and groundbreaking.

2c

Hey Guys,

The excitement and wonder this movie evoked is a rare thing for me. As an artist, I am also mesmerized by the behind the scenes vision, approach and process. I really do think this film will inspire a whole new generation of up & coming film-makers (relished, reviewed & discussed for years to come).

-Michael

great article...

Why I think it didn`t excite me like most was I seen all this stuff and storylines done in videogames over the last decade.

If you haven`t been experiencing the last 6 to 8 years of videogames than Mad Max Fury Road will seem fresh and groundbreaking.

2c

I disagree. I've been in the games industry for the last 13 years, and work with lots of folks that have been hardcore gamers for even longer than that. I haven't heard a single negative point made about this movie from any of them. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

I've seen it twice so far. Even better the second time around after having read the book that came out a few weeks ago.

Edited by Cheesefrog

Hey Guys,

-Michael

great article...

2c

I disagree. I've been in the games industry for the last 13 years, and work with lots of folks that have been hardcore gamers for even longer than that. I haven't heard a single negative point made about this movie from any of them. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

I've seen it twice so far. Even better the second time around after having read the book that came out a few weeks ago.

Exactly! Gamers I talked to really love this movie because it's REAL and NOT special effects doing this stuff.

Saw this film last night.

I should stop reading threads like these before seeing a film. I had high expectations walking in to the movie but was disappointed.

I thought the movie was way too over the top. Just far to much done for the shock value, that it was very "Joel Schumacher" in my opinion.

-the weird look of the main bad guy

-the over sized foot tied up with ropes

-strange guys in white with the spray painted mouths

-the rock stage on wheels that also has a flame thrower in the guitar

-the grotesque mother's and the milk

Even though it is the very same director, I feel he has forgotten something important about the Mad Max universe: Fuel/ gasoline is an extremely precious commodity. From Mad Max 2: the Road Warrior you had a compound with walls that manufactured gasoline and that was the whole reason you had the Humongous and his bad guys surrounding the place/ attacking the place. The bad guys wanted the gas. The whole premise of the film was to have the residents of the compound escape with the precious fuel.

This new movie has a rock stage with speakers and drums and a ridiculous guitar player in a gas guzzling vehicle chase. Just way to over the top for my tastes.

I was entertained, but it was a very average film.

Agreed.

The Fury Road Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack will retail for $44.95, the Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99, the 2-disc DVD for $28.98 and the Mad Max 4-Film Blu-ray Anthology for $89.98. All of those are currently set to be released on September 1st, later this year. Here are the special features:

• Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road
  • Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels
  • The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa
  • The Tools of the Wasteland
  • The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome
  • Fury Road: Crash & Smash
  • Deleted Scenes

oSRgFmMl.jpg

tumblr_nnuebqI1p91u62kxvo1_500.gif

August 11 on iTunes. It's funny, I was sure the critics would bring down the 98% RT score from its first week but it held. Deservingly so. This film has that nostalgic cinematic air that I loved in action movies that were breaking ground in the 80's. Looking forward to Mad Max: The Wasteland.

Don't tell me any juicy details. I haven't seen this yet.

:ohnoez:

Mad Max:Fury Road is getting a China release in August.

I hope it does well over there so we get a sequel :wishluck:

Production Budget: $150,000,000

Worldwide: $367,104,128

Revenue Ratio: 2.5X

So right at that critical point. But it also has very solid reviews.

Mad Max: Fury Road Worldwide Release Schedule

But I am not seeing China on the list yet. Just Hong Kong, which was May 14th.

Mad Max:Fury Road is getting a China release in August.

I hope it does well over there so we get a sequel :wishluck:

Production Budget: $150,000,000

Worldwide: $367,104,128

Revenue Ratio: 2.5X

So right at that critical point. But it also has very solid reviews.

Mad Max: Fury Road Worldwide Release Schedule

But I am not seeing China on the list yet. Just Hong Kong, which was May 14th.

Usually a film has to do 3 times revenue to consider doing a sequel. Based on what the film has made so far. I think rentals and dvd sales will be more than enough to justify a sequel considering the critical claim the film got. I think what the studio needs to decide for the next film is to decide whether or not an R rating cut into the profits from there decide to do PG-13 with an unrated director's cut on home media.

They already filmed the sequel. In fact I think they filmed it at the same time

They have not filmed the sequel yet in fact Miller's sequel plans changed and a -script may need to be rewritten for his changes in mind.