• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Max - Fury Road - 2015

230 posts in this topic

Post-apocalyptic done right, blowing things up, Tom Hardy driving heavily-modded cars with blowers. Yeah - for me - it doesn't need a plot. I'm in.

Post-apocalyptic done right, blowing things up, Tom Hardy driving heavily-modded cars with blowers. Yeah - for me - it doesn't need a plot. I'm in.

+1! :applause:

But I'm wondering...is the movie a sequel to MM3 or a re-imagining, as I saw the experimental Interceptor he "borrowed" in the first "Mad Max" movie in the beginning of the trailer, then was destroyed (blown up) in "The Road Warrior"... hm

Reboot... which is fine.

Visually the film looks amazing. It has my interest.

Here is a screen cap of the tattoo scene in the trailer.

ScreenShot2014-07-28at115147AM.png

Thought this looked just so good. The stark aesthetic of the desert and the various armor/weaponry/modded vehicles were amazing. Love Tom Hardy and I'm not sure if Charlize Theron can not be sexy given you're chopping off her hair and covering her in dirt here and she still is amazing.

Don't care if this is a complete rehash, I'm in.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. I think they first started filming their first attempt somewhere around 2006, I don't know if they started from scratch multiple times since then or what, but it's been a while. I didn't see the Cadillac hearses with the tractor wheels in the trailer, so I think they scrapped it and started fresh.

A lot of it looked good, but you'll notice during the obvious CGI moments there's a lot of jumpy quick scene changes. Even with that trickery at play it's obvious when you're looking at a real car wreck and when you're looking at a CGI one. I'm thinking the CGI may not be that great when you're looking at a full scene and not a quick trailer snippet.

May be good, but may also be a direct-to-Sifi-network quality Sharknado movie.