• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

If Deadpool is the "second coming" so to speak, then why hasn't a movie been rushed out yet? Fox has one of the most popular characters in comics just sitting in limbo.

Maybe the whole 4th wall thing is a lot harder to portray on film, without it coming off as overly cheesy. Guardians of the Galaxy will have 2 movies out before Deadpool gets one.

House of Cards does pretty well with it as a main feature. One of TV's most critically acclaimed series right now.

Never been a superman fan and use to love Deadpool... The indestructible nature never bothered me because it's part of the fun to see him get obliterated... I wasn't enamoured with the footage but at least they got the costume right. Really spot on. Deadpool lost a lot of appeal when he became a literal clown. He was always insane and snarky, but now he's marvels insufficiently_thoughtful_person mascot... It is such a lost opportunity to develop a much richer (and insane) character. You have to wonder if motivation would be different if they had movie rights. Anyway, meh...

Never been a superman fan and use to love Deadpool... The indestructible nature never bothered me because it's part of the fun to see him get obliterated... I wasn't enamoured with the footage but at least they got the costume right. Really spot on. Deadpool lost a lot of appeal when he became a literal clown. He was always insane and snarky, but now he's marvels insufficiently_thoughtful_person mascot... It is such a lost opportunity to develop a much richer (and insane) character. You have to wonder if motivation would be different if they had movie rights. Anyway, meh...

They have a richer insane, criminally underused character. Moon Knight.

I suppose you guys don't like Wolverine either for the same reasons? A character can be "invincible" but still be entertaining. Half of the fun of Deadpool is his snark, the other half is seeing him be destroyed over and over again.

I like wolverine fine, I don't like the snarky mouthy copy.

+1

Wolverine is awesome. Deadpool, not so much. And this "trailer" looks terrible.

:headbang:

Clearly this is test footage with the final likely looking different and more polished.

It's OK but I'll wait to see a finished product before I make too many judgments.

Ryan Reynolds, destroyer of any hot comic property he touches.

I actually liked the 'trailer'... but I have to agree about Renolds... I wouldn't want him to play any of the characters l like (and I do like deadpool)...

Although... I guess it is better than having The Rock... do it. He really has zero box offices successes under the belt despite trying over and over..

Now THAT'S a character I would love to see on film. :headbang:

I suppose you guys don't like Wolverine either for the same reasons? A character can be "invincible" but still be entertaining. Half of the fun of Deadpool is his snark, the other half is seeing him be destroyed over and over again.

I like wolverine fine, I don't like the snarky mouthy copy.

Wolverine and Superman have always been practically indestructible, with Superman being near invincible. The story though is the psychological trauma that comes with it. Wolverine watches everyone around him die as was explored well in the last Wolverine movie. I forget which writer said this, but said the story of Superman these days is how a God reacts with unlimited power but who cannot be everywhere at once. Does Superman save the crashing plane on one side of the planet or the people trapped in a burning building on the other. Superman is always a good read (at least for me) when they explore the issues that come with near god hood.

Wolverine hasn't always been portrayed as indestructible. That happened more in the past 15 to 20 years. He was more durable than the other X-Men especially when it came to falls but still often had to be saved from falls by those who can fly. One or two bullets put him down in Daredevil and it would take him a few minutes to revive. Fast forward 20 years later and he is taking 150 bullets from a machine gun and not go down. I find these stories uninteresting. How the Hand killed someone that Marvel established as unable to die in Enemy of the State I'll never know.