• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

‘Deadpool’ Director Tim Miller Teases Cable For Sequel

While breaking down and explaining the Deadpool trailer and San Diego Comic-Con footage, director Tim Miller spoke about one of the new characters introduced in the movie: an apprentice to X-Men hero Colossus known as Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

“I went through the list of Marvel characters and picked a few others I thought could be visually spectacular and fun. And at the end of that list was Negasonic, which I just thought was a freaky, funny name. And I sent this list over to the writers, Rhett (Reese) and Paul (Wernick), and they were like, ‘Oh my god, we have to use her!’ So that’s how she ended up in the movie. Her name was cool, and we kind of wanted a straight-man to play against Colossus. We thought about Cannonball, but he would’ve been a stupid hick character, whereas the guys wrote Negasonic as this deadpan goth teen, which was a great angle. She turned out really well. There aren’t really many definitive Deadpool villains, apart from Cable. If we don’t put Cable in Deadpool 2 I think we’ll be run out of town on a rail.”

deadpool-cable.jpg

‘Deadpool’ Director: Ryan Reynolds Had ‘Green Lantern’ Issues to Work Out

Breaking down the trailer with Empire, Deadpool director Tim Miller revealed additional Green Lantern related jokes were shot, but are unlikely to make the film’s final cut. Instead, fans will have to wait until the home media release:

“We shot a few more Green Lantern jokes, but I’m not sure how many will survive the cut. Ryan definitely had some Green Lantern issues to work out. We had about a minute’s worth of dialogue between him and Colossus where he talks about it, like, ‘So a guy comes with a thousand-dollar suit and says, ‘We want you to play a superhero,’ but there’s no -script yet and the release date is completely unmakeable…’ He goes on this whole anti-Green Lantern run, but I’m not sure it’ll stay in, because probably not even half the people in the theatres will get those jokes…that scene’s one for the DVD extras, for sure.”

Breaking down the trailer with Empire, Deadpool director Tim Miller revealed additional Green Lantern related jokes were shot, but are unlikely to make the film’s final cut. Instead, fans will have to wait until the home media release:

“We shot a few more Green Lantern jokes, but I’m not sure how many will survive the cut. Ryan definitely had some Green Lantern issues to work out. We had about a minute’s worth of dialogue between him and Colossus where he talks about it, like, ‘So a guy comes with a thousand-dollar suit and says, ‘We want you to play a superhero,’ but there’s no -script yet and the release date is completely unmakeable…’ He goes on this whole anti-Green Lantern run, but I’m not sure it’ll stay in, because probably not even half the people in the theatres will get those jokes…that scene’s one for the DVD extras, for sure.”

I hope it's part of the deleted scenes.

It's going gangbusters in Australia - walked into a Theatre (the hospital kind) to see at least 15 people laughing their heads off around one of the monitors

It was the Deadpool Red tailer - and the audience ranged from Surgeons in their 60's to Nurses in their early 20's.

All of whom will now watch this film.

Include me looked awesome, and I hated Deadpool - bored me to tears.

This film could be a massive worldwide hit, without releasing another second of footage!

Are we going to open first again here in Australia?

Ok, gotta say I am not really a fan of Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds but after seeing the trailer, I am very interested in this movie. :)

Whereas on the flip side I am a huge fan of Fantastic Four and after seeing all those trailers I have zero desire to see that movie. :(

The real question to whether I am going to like this film or not is will I like the humor or get it. From what I saw in the preview last night I don't think I am going to like the film, but to be honest I said the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy from the preview and I went in with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised to be the 2nd best MCU film made.

Ok, gotta say I am not really a fan of Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds but after seeing the trailer, I am very interested in this movie. :)

Whereas on the flip side I am a huge fan of Fantastic Four and after seeing all those trailers I have zero desire to see that movie. :(

The real question to whether I am going to like this film or not is will I like the humor or get it. From what I saw in the preview last night I don't think I am going to like the film, but to be honest I said the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy from the preview and I went in with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised to be the 2nd best MCU film made.

Yeah, when the Guardians trailers hit, people were overwhelmingly complaining about the music in the trailer, which ended up being a brilliant part of the movie imo. Never can tell.

Cable is being brought up again as part of Deadpool 2 (and hopefully X-Force).

Fox Reportedly Considering Deadpool Sequel Ideas Involving Cable

The website Birth Movies Death has also heard from their source at 20th Century Fox that Cable is being considered for a potential sequel. They report: "They're already kicking around ideas for the sequel. And there's one that has stuck, and - while anything could change between now and whenever the sequel starts shooting - that idea is bringing in Cable."

In the comics, the Deadpool-Cable relationship has been all over the map. At times, they've been enemies, though that was due in large part to Deadpool being brainwashed to kill Cable. However, over time an unlikely friendship developed between the two as Deadpool's insanity works really well at keeping Cable's messiah complex in check. Many would describe their relationship now as one of Marvel's strongest bromances.

My only familiarity with Deadpool is from the first Wolverine movie, so if these questions have already been answered, do forgive me. This movie completely breaks all connection with the Wolverine movie, correct? Did the real Deadpool get his healing factor from Wolverine as that movie implied? Did he get any other powers in the comic, or is the healing factor his only one? I haven't seen any version of him that had the optic blasts of Cyclops or the teleporting powers shown in that film, so I assume they are unique to that story and will not be repeated.

I take great exception to that guy's comment about "The modern takes on Spider-Man wouldn't exist without Deadpool." As far as I know, Stan pretty much invented the idea of a superhero telling jokes as he fights with Spider-Man. If any heroes were like that before Peter Parker, I'm unaware of it. I'm guessing he says that because Raimi didn't make Peter all that jokey in the first three films and wasn't aware he was different in the comic. That's one of the things the Marc Webb/Garfield version of the character did better than the Sam Raimi/Maguire version that gives those last two films some magic.

So no powers other than the healing factor? And did that come directly from Wolverine, or from some unspecified alternative method? Is Wade Wilson a mutant or just a normal guy?

So no powers other than the healing factor? And did that come directly from Wolverine, or from some unspecified alternative method? Is Wade Wilson a mutant or just a normal guy?

He's not a mutant, he's just a regular guy. (thumbs u Which is hella confusing when you think about the film rights, but he's still lumped in with them.

So he's Wolverine without the adamantium, but with some sort of seemingly-magical gymnastic ability? What's the comic explanation for him appearing to have Spider-Man-like agility? Or is there one at all?

So he's Wolverine without the adamantium, but with some sort of seemingly-magical gymnastic ability? What's the comic explanation for him appearing to have Spider-Man-like agility? Or is there one at all?

He's highly trained in the army, and then I believe he undergoes further training in Weapon X.

I hope it's part of the deleted scenes.

I know people who will not go watch this movie just because they've seen Green Lantern lol