• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Deadpool Just Broke This Impressive Digital Record

After years of lingering in development hell, Deadpool finally opened in theaters this past February to critical and commercial acclaim. It hasn’t even been three full months since it arrived, but fans can already own it for themselves. Wade Wilson’s solo adventure was released on Digital HD last week, and now its already sold digital copies faster than any other superhero movie.

As reported by The Wrap, Deadpool sold over 1 million units in its first week, which also makes it 20th Century Fox’s best-performing digital title. In comparison, it took Matt Damon’s The Martian three weeks to reach that same total. Platforms where you can buy your own copy of Deadpool include iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and more. The movie hauled in over $760 million in theaters, and the digital sales just boost that number of even further, and in record breaking time, too. It’s quite a feat for a movie that only a couple years before didn’t stand much of a chance being made. Of course, we haven’t even reached the halfway point of 2016, and with other superhero movies like Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad and even fellow Fox entry X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool could face some serious competition for that superhero movie digital record.

:applause:

Maybe Fox should consider staying true to the source material with the X-Men franchise after the success of Deadpool hm
:wishluck:

I think there is SO much good material to use. From Fall of the Mutants to Phalanx Covenant

Or...anything besides what Singer and Co. are doing now.

A proper Legion Quest leading into Age of Apocalypse would save the other fiasco

Deadpool marketing for Japan has kicked off in a big way.

DEADPOOL Japanese Marketing Commences

In spite of being a worldwide phenomenon and available on streaming digital services in North America right now, Deadpool is finally making its way to Japan in June -- and to celebrate, a giant statue of the Merc With a Mouth is touring the country.

The giant Deadpool was unveiled today in Osaka, per various social media reports collected by Kotaku East. Former sumo champ Akebono introduced the statue.

yDdNaII.png

goIgQRQ.png

:whee:

Bought my Blu today.

I didn't get to see it in theaters because I didn't have the time before my hand operations, like I did after.

I've been literally dying to watch it.

Figuratively.

Literally...each day closer to death

I got the Target Blu-ray/dvd/digital with the extras for 19.99. Just finished watching the movie (laughed more this time than the first time) and am about to start perusing the extras. :)

I saw that today when I went into Target. Are the postcards worth it?

I got the Target Blu-ray/dvd/digital with the extras for 19.99. Just finished watching the movie (laughed more this time than the first time) and am about to start perusing the extras. :)

I saw that today when I went into Target. Are the postcards worth it?

When I was there the postcard one was not. Just looked online and sold out in my store.