• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there listed missing books of Action #1, Superman #1 and Batman #1, en masse

21 posts in this topic

This is intriguing. I received a picture today, of CGC'd Action #1, Superman #1 and Batman #1, in a group photo. I have been hearing about this particular Superman #1 for over a year now, via a third party, that is absolutely trustworthy and straightforward. The books are supposed to be in the possession of a "slow" relative of his.

If this is legit, these books are definitely stolen. No way they are not.

Can't tell grades on two of them (old labels). But the Superman #1 appears to be an 8.0.

Any of these known to be listed as missing/stolen?

The picture I received is grainy and after closer inspection with a magnifying glass, I think it might be a 6.0 universal. There seems to only be one on the census. With 9 restored 6.0's.

Can anyone explain to me how I can get a picture from a cell phone, to my home PC?

The picture I received is grainy and after closer inspection with a magnifying glass, I think it might be a 6.0 universal. There seems to only be one on the census. With 9 restored 6.0's.

Can anyone explain to me how I can get a picture from a cell phone, to my home PC?

What kind of phone?

Basic options:

Attach your phone to your PC with the supplied cable. Browse to the device from your PC, look for the images folder.

Email them to yourself as an attachment

With a Mac, if you have it into iPhoto it's available both on your phone and on your desktop/laptop.

the picture is from Peter Lutrario (formerly action 1 kid)...

I bought all 3 of those books...so no one person owns them, at this point

peterlpic_zps64b7f408.jpg

So you don't own them now?

Then GAtor is the slow relative?

No. He's just relatively slow.

Hehehe. .

But serious. ..what is the time line here?

We know that the slow relative owns them.... and we know that no one person owns them.

Those two facts conflict so I was thinking that perhaps gator knows that they have moved from the slow relative and are now owned by separate people.

But who knows. ...?

Hehehe. .

We know that the slow relative owns them.... and we know that no one person owns them.

Those two facts conflict so I was thinking that perhaps gator knows that they have moved from the slow relative and are now owned by separate people.

But who knows. ...?

I suspect that Gator was the last person to own all 3 at once.

Hehehe. .

But who knows. ...?

my guess is just peter and I had them all...

I sold them to diff folks across the globe....the action 1 and supes 1 are owned by high profile folks...the bat 1 I lost track of...

Hehehe. .

But who knows. ...?

my guess is just peter and I had them all...

I sold them to diff folks across the globe....the action 1 and supes 1 are owned by high profile folks...the bat 1 I lost track of...

That's what I thought. So the two statements could not co-exist.... and they did not. You could not say that noone owns them now - while the slow one also owns all three.

It was apparently a scam.

I have a cop friend that is going to go and view these "alleged" books in the Cleveland area. I am 300 miles away.

This should be interesting.

The "slow" guy says that he bought them at a garage sale from someone that didn't know "what they had".

Ha Ha

P.S. I am saying "slow", because that is how he has been described to me by his relative. Hard to talk to, but into comic books and such.

I have a cop friend that is going to go and view these "alleged" books in the Cleveland area. I am 300 miles away.

The "slow" guy says that he bought them at a garage sale from someone that didn't know "what they had".

Ha Ha

P.S. I am saying "slow", because that is how he has been described to me by his relative. Hard to talk to, but into comic books and such.

will be interesting what he actually has...

Ha Ha

:popcorn: I sense this will be an interesting outcome to say the least! :devil: