• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"…

Amen.

Hey, I don't blame him, doing the right thing is hard.

I agree. I know he was not obligated in any way to defer to Transplant, but if I had been in the same situation I would've. If nothing else, threads like these tend to show where people stand on certain issues and I consider that valuable information.

In his defense, there were pretty catastrophic implications if he did, in fact, elect to defer.

By doing that, I would be overtly insulting the owner of the sales thread, and someone I've done business with before.

No one wants to overtly insult someone they've done business with before. Not by deferring, nor by awarding the book to someone else. Insulting trading partners must be avoided.

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"…

Amen.

I agree. I know he was not obligated in any way to defer to Transplant, but if I had been in the same situation I would've. If nothing else, threads like these tend to show where people stand on certain issues and I consider that valuable information.

Hows that? They agreed on a deal? It should have been done.

How come people from Jersey are so angry?

Because we live in New Jersey.

Seller's rule specifically stated first "I'll take it" in thread consummates the deal. First buyer didn't post the sign, he opted to negotiate in PM's at his own peril, most likely to secure a lower sales price even though the seller ALSO said in his listing the price was firm.

it simply does not matter what happened in PM's, including whether or not they agreed to something in principal in PM. Why? BECAUSE THE SELLER CLEARLY STATED IN THE LISTING THAT THE FIRST "I'LL TAKE IT" IN THE THREAD TRUMPS "ALL PM'S". Sorry for the caps right there.

The first buyer clearly was aware that he needed to post the "I'll take it" in the thread to cinch the deal. How do we know this? Because he did so. But by then it was too late. Roulette posted the first "I'll take it" in the thread. No negotiating. No haggling. He accepted the seller's terms in full, and complied faithfully with the explicit terms of the listing.

The vagaries of contract law, this and that, time stamps in PMs etc, none of that is relevant. The seller stated his terms. He does not need to restate them in PMs. If he changed rules in PM people would be howling in protest even more so.

So let's cut the seller a break here. We can all feel sympathy for the buyer who ultimately missed out on the book, but again, he negotiated in PM at his own peril. All he had to do was say "I'll take it per PM" in the thread, if he did in fact intend on accepting dan's counter. Everyone is jumping on dan, but no one is questioning why the first prospective buyer didn't simply post the sign, since dan's listing said he needed to do that.

-J.

:screwy:

Amen.

+1

Amen.

Because we have to deal with people who are not from New Jersey. Although I enjoyed Columbus, and found the people very friendly.

Amen.

That's what I figured. I spent a week in Weehauken once for work. I was furious for days afterwards.

Amen.

+1

Oh, so now you don't love me. Fine, break my heart and walk away.

Amen.

Maybe I wasn't being clear Pat. What I was trying to get across is that if I were in Roulette's position I would have let Mike have the book.

Amen.

That's what I figured. I spent a week in Weehauken once for work. I was furious for days afterwards.

Weehawken, I would be furious too!

Amen.

Maybe I wasn't being clear Pat. What I was trying to get across is that if I were in Roulette's position I would have let Mike have the book.

Gotcha (thumbs u Please don't judge me for my stance in this argument. Judge me for being the best me I can be!

Amen.

Because we have to deal with people who are not from New Jersey. Although I enjoyed Columbus, and found the people very friendly.

We aren't that friendly. Wait until the Scarlet Knights get humiliated by my Buckeyes. You'll be even angrier.

69 Pages and no mention of "cool books" being the root of all problems.
Look again.

I hate you.

Coke.

Stand corrected -

Amen.

We aren't that friendly. Wait until the Scarlet Knights get humiliated by my Buckeyes. You'll be even angrier.

You folks love those college sports. But we can talk more when the Cleveland Browns become a real NFL team. :baiting:

Amen.

Armchair QB Take 2

Amen.

You folks love those college sports. But we can talk more when the Cleveland Browns become a real NFL team. :baiting:

Koff......Bengals fan sir