• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

The problem with "I'll Take it" is we have invented so many incarnations and variations of it. I just saw this used..... :takeit: PM on the way!

Exactly what does this mean ?

- I'll Take It if you agree to my PM terms.

- Hold it for me while I think of an offer.

Would a subsequent, without qualification I'll Take It win ? Technically he owns the timestamp and has held the book. Is this okay ?

The problem with "I'll Take it" is we have invented so many incarnations and variations of it. I just saw this used..... :takeit: PM on the way!

Would a subsequent, without qualification I'll Take It win ? Technically he owns the timestamp and has held the book. Is this okay ?

Likely means, he agrees to the terms (price, etc) and is PMing to get the PayPal address and to give the seller his own shipping address.

Likely means, he agrees to the terms (price, etc) and is PMing to get the PayPal address and to give the seller his own shipping address.

Selling on ebay has it advantages, but from a buyers prospective there are some great bargains to be found here. This is a wonderful place to buy, but Im not sure 75 pages of feedback is conducive to recruiting future sellers of nice comics. Just my $.02 from the short time Ive been on da boards.

lol I said my piece last night and came back today to almost 400 new responses. No way I'm reading the whole thing.

He could have just went to timestamp. But this is why the newer sellers are screwing this place up, this place NEVER operated like this until recently.

This is where the problem lies IMO.

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"…

Amen.

Hey, I don't blame him, doing the right thing is hard.

I agree. I know he was not obligated in any way to defer to Transplant, but if I had been in the same situation I would've. If nothing else, threads like these tend to show where people stand on certain issues and I consider that valuable information.

+1

Oh, so now you don't love me. Fine, break my heart and walk away.

lol We're all on the same team!

Here are the issues:

Spider-Dan clearly stated that the price was "firm" and "I'll Take Its" posted IN thread took priority.

Transplant disregarded those statements and sent a PM asking for a lower price.

Spider-Dan accepted the lower price (violating his "Price is Firm" statement)

Roulette posted an "I'll Take It" IN the thread.

Spider-Dan decided this time he would stick to his rule about the "I'll Take It" IN the thread, even though he DID NOT stick to his rules about the "Price is Firm" statement.

Both parties are at fault.

Transplant should have just did the "I'll Take It" outright if he really wanted the book so bad.

Spider-Dan follows some of his rules, but not others (Yep, I'll lower the price, Nope, the I'll Take it IN thread wins).N

lol I said my piece last night and came back today to almost 400 new responses. No way I'm reading the whole thing.

He could have just went to timestamp. But this is why the newer sellers are screwing this place up, this place NEVER operated like this until recently.

This is where the problem lies IMO.

yep, the noobs are here for money. The sense of community here is nothing like it was 4 years ago.