• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

Two-Tone

Specials

The Beat and Madness (original singles were on 2-Tone)

Selecter

The whole wide world of Northern Soul ( where's Ian Levine when you need him...lol)

All-nighters listening to black soul and blue-eyed. Talc and spins.

Scooters, rallies - awesome.

Back to lurking - carry-on.

I listened to ghost town tu nite!

Ridiculous that this thread is approaching 50 pages. The lesson I have learned...don't go to PM to save $40 or $50 dollars on a $3000 book when it was priced to move in the first place.

^^

-J.

More stupid. It wasn't $40 or $50. Don't let the facts get in the way.

From the sales forum discussion thread --- this is what you said earlier ---

"Just to want to clarify one thing Dan mentioned in his locked thread. My offer would actually net him $40-50 LESS than roulette's $3650 BIN. I believe Dan had erroneously posted that not honoring our deal would cost him money. Not exactly true. "

I'm trying not to let the facts get in the way...

My offer, accepted by Dan, was $3500. $3650-$3500 = > $40-50.

I thought you told everyone to let it go...?

You must be an internet lawyer or something....

hm

Two-Tone

Specials

Selecter

The whole wide world of Northern Soul ( where's Ian Levine when you need him...lol)

I remember seeing the Specials in 1980 in Bristol (at the Locarno for any oldies) and again, with the remnants in Bridlington in 2012 at the national Scooter Rally there.

The 'Special Beat' - combining members of the Specials (Neville Staples) and The Beat (Rankin Roger) - I saw in Melbourne in 2010 - even at 50, they are still fit as fudge - and still rock!

Happy Days!

Basically Dan entered into two contracts and defaulted on one of them.

The real question becomes was the "I'll take it" rule abrogated, and effectively merged into the contract without effect, or was the contract voidable and subject to divestiture by subsequent "I'll take it" in the thread. Some are saying that the contract was voidable by its terms. They like black and white answers, because they can't see both sides if an issue. That generally fails no matter how many times one might repeat it.

I think that any tribunal would rule that Tranny was entitled to the book, and SD breached the contract. The reasoning would be that they wouldn't let a vendor profit from setting up a voidable contractual scheme. People would get screwed left and right if this were acceptable. This is a change that really needs to be set into place in the market place here.

I guess I get to ask the question again, what state (or states) do you practice law in?

Are you required to practice the law before you may speak about it?

Basically Dan entered into two contracts and defaulted on one of them.

The real question becomes was the "I'll take it" rule abrogated, and effectively merged into the contract without effect, or was the contract voidable and subject to divestiture by subsequent "I'll take it" in the thread. Some are saying that the contract was voidable by its terms. They like black and white answers, because they can't see both sides if an issue. That generally fails no matter how many times one might repeat it.

I think that any tribunal would rule that Tranny was entitled to the book, and SD breached the contract. The reasoning would be that they wouldn't let a vendor profit from setting up a voidable contractual scheme. People would get screwed left and right if this were acceptable. This is a change that really needs to be set into place in the market place here.

I guess I get to ask the question again, what state (or states) do you practice law in?

Did I claim to practice law somewhere?

Your understanding of contract law is asininely wrong yet you spout off your knowledge as fact "I think that any tribunal..." So yes its upsetting to me (who spent years concentrating on studying contract/corporate/sales law) to listen to someone whose legal knowledge is based off watching some episodes of law and order (or maybe Perry Mason not sure how old you are) who thinks they know how the law works. Sadly for some reason everyone thinks they are a lawyer. Do me (and the other boardies who are attorneys) a favor and don't say things like "Basically Dan entered into two contracts and defaulted on one of them" until you're actually admited to practice law in at least one state.

It would be false to assume that, because one doesn't practice law, they therefore have no knowledge of it, and conversely, because one DOES practice the law, they have the right to speak about it over those who do not.

And you do not need to be demeaning about it. You have no idea where MCMiles learned what he learned. Is he wrong? Then state why he is wrong, clearly and reasonably, don't insult him. The law doesn't work by insulting people...as I'm SURE you know, counselor.

The first time, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

meh

Two-Tone

Specials

Selecter

I remember seeing the Specials in 1980 in Bristol (at the Locarno for any oldies) and again, with the remnants in Bridlington in 2012 at the national Scooter Rally there.

The 'Special Beat' - combining members of the Specials (Neville Staples) and The Beat (Rankin Roger) - I saw in Melbourne in 2010 - even at 50, they are still fit as fudge - and still rock!

Happy Days!

I saw them over here in 1994...they thought,literally the place was going to fall down due to all the ranking skanking full stop..

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"

Amen.

Hey, I don't blame him, doing the right thing is hard.

I agree. I know he was not obligated in any way to defer to Transplant, but if I had been in the same situation I would've. If nothing else, threads like these tend to show where people stand on certain issues and I consider that valuable information.

In his defense, there were pretty catastrophic implications if he did, in fact, elect to defer.

By doing that, I would be overtly insulting the owner of the sales thread, and someone I've done business with before.

No one wants to overtly insult someone they've done business with before. Not by deferring, nor by awarding the book to someone else. Insulting trading partners must be avoided.

hm

I thought you said let it go....?

:whistle:

RMA is one of the most well versed,eloquent post destroying smartest men here.

You cant win an argument with him.He is too good.I think he has superpowers,

plusone092.jpg

Yup. He's 1/3 Milt Friedman, 1/3 Ernest Hemingway, 1/3 Clarence Darrow. Always an entertaining read. No doubt. A local favorite.

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"

Amen.

I agree. I know he was not obligated in any way to defer to Transplant, but if I had been in the same situation I would've. If nothing else, threads like these tend to show where people stand on certain issues and I consider that valuable information.

In his defense, there were pretty catastrophic implications if he did, in fact, elect to defer.

By doing that, I would be overtly insulting the owner of the sales thread, and someone I've done business with before.

No one wants to overtly insult someone they've done business with before. Not by deferring, nor by awarding the book to someone else. Insulting trading partners must be avoided.

hm

Sometimes, letting it go does not mean what I think it means.

Amen.

hm

Sometimes, letting it go does not mean what I think it means.

I was on your side, until you called me an internet lawyer who learned all he knows by reading Wikipedia.

Now, I think you should pay for the book and STILL not get it.

Jerk.