• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

How come so many threads become talk about heavy metal. Did I miss a memo?

Disco sucks :roflmao:

Funny Kiss got big on a disco label eh?

Haha ! It is and I was just kidding around so please no stones from lovers of Abba and the Bee Gees. :foryou:

I love all music though metal is at the top of the stack.

1977 UK punk forever!

you spelled black flag wrong..

What I listen to rocks, what you listen to sucks.

I can't deny my music snob-ness. Bit I listen to a large variety of music.

And I was mostly kidding. At least if it came across I listen to disco. I actually kind of agree that sucks. I guess I'm kind of the "1950's war comics" of music. I haven't been interested in much since the 90's at the latest. And most of the best stuff came out in the 50's through 70's.

Love the 50s rock n roll, love Motown! I can do without the late 60s all together. And the 70s and 80s have some gems. The 90s were tough as the best stuff wasn't mainstream and the 2000s birthed the internet music which eventually killed printed music, so most bands are more internet hype than anything else.

How can you not love the late 60's?!? From the end of The Beatles to the beginnings of Zepplin and Floyd. Hendrix and Joplin. So much great stuff.

Don't like any of what you mentioned. And honestly, Zeppelin is a tragedy musically great band. But Robert Plants vocals are like nails on a chalk board

:o

And we are back to square one :baiting:

can't agree on everything, that's why there is so much music. Everybody likes what they like!

Haha ! It is and I was just kidding around so please no stones from lovers of Abba and the Bee Gees. :foryou:

metal has so many forms.. Evil, stitched to evil, and then there is Bruce dickenson..

Bruce, Geoff Tate, Halford, and Dio all hold a special spot with me. Still, guys like Hetfield (especially on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning), Peter Steele, Ozzy, Blackie Lawless, Brian Johnson, etc. I love them all. :headbang:

you gained my respect mentioning peter. Carnivore to Type O Negative, few could compare to that mans musical talents.

Dont forget he wrote an entire Agnostic Front album.

And Geoff Tate, damn. Forgot about him, great singer!

When they came out with the EP I thought possible next Maiden. The Warning came out and I don't think I turned it off except for school and work for a month or two and I thought these guys tell a story the way Rush used to and then Rage for Order hit and Queensryche became my all-time favorite band if I had to pick one.

my all time favorite band is forever the misfits.

1977 UK punk forever!

I really liked the punk bands. I was more of a pop/punk listener as bands like the Clash really resonated with me. Train in Vain was a masterpiece imo.

metal has so many forms.. Evil, stitched to evil, and then there is Bruce dickenson..

Bruce, Geoff Tate, Halford, and Dio all hold a special spot with me. Still, guys like Hetfield (especially on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning), Peter Steele, Ozzy, Blackie Lawless, Brian Johnson, etc. I love them all. :headbang:

you gained my respect mentioning peter. Carnivore to Type O Negative, few could compare to that mans musical talents.

Dont forget he wrote an entire Agnostic Front album.

He wrote cause for alarm. Their best album!

When they came out with the EP I thought possible next Maiden. The Warning came out and I don't think I turned it off except for school and work for a month or two and I thought these guys tell a story the way Rush used to and then Rage for Order hit and Queensryche became my all-time favorite band if I had to pick one.

Kings of bad assery :headbang:

I'll tell you what's cool. My 22 yo son loves Type O, The Misfits, Rammstein, and Danzig. He grew up with all kinds of stuff to choose from out of my music collection from Elvis to 30 Seconds to Mars and everything in between. I think he made good choices. lol

I'll tell you what's cool. My 22 yo son loves Type O, The Misfits, Rammstein, and Danzig. He grew up with all kinds of stuff to choose from out of my music collection from Elvis to 30 Seconds to Mars and everything in between. I think he made good choices. lol

I am going to see Danzig in Philly and NYC back to back this October as he is performing Samhain sets. Dream come true!

Alright, let's look at this in maybe a little different way, and maybe convince Roy, Jaydog, and the others...

Let's consider the rule: " :takeit: posted in the thread trumps ALL PMs"

There is nothing wrong with this rule.

As stated before, a seller can have any (legal and board allowed) rules he/she wants.

The problem isn't the rule. The problem is that Dan didn't abide by that rule.

Here's why:

When Dan posted that rule, he bound himself by it. When he opened and concluded a deal in private, he essentially created TWO Dans, with TWO different sets of terms.

How?

Because the Dan of the sales thread said, unequivocally " :takeit: in the thread trumps ALL PMs"...and that includes any and all finalized deals that the Dan of the PM thread may have conducted.

If " :takeit: in the sales thread trumps ALL PMs", then Dan shouldn't have been able to finalize ANYTHING in PMs...the ACTUAL finalizing being done when the buyer posts :takeit: in the thread. But that's not what Dan did. He finalized a deal in PMs, without making sure the buyer fulfilled the original terms of the sale FIRST.

He essentially told Tranny one thing...but then did something else.

See, the Dan of the PM thread didn't have the authority...according to the rules of the Dan of the sales thread...to finalize ANY deal, without the buyer FIRST satisfying the terms already laid out. Dan had already bound himself by his own terms, but failed to make sure the buyer followed them before FINALIZING the deal (by virtue of Dan making an offer that he, Dan, would find acceptable.)

In other words: Dan of the PM thread had no authority to finalize any deal with anyone, without the terms Dan of the sales thread had already laid out being fulfilled first.

But Tranny had no idea that Dan of the PM thread didn't have that authority, because the idea is schizophrenic. Who would know that a single person would lack the authority to make a deal for his own property, because of the terms to which he'd bound himself beforehand, which terms he failed to make sure were fulfilled FIRST?

We know this is true, because it's actually what happened.

That term is the only one of all the terms that could immediately cancel an already finalized deal in favor of another buyer. All the rest of the terms did not have that power.

As such, it ended up being the central term of ANY deal, and as such, Dan was not only obligated to make sure the buyer satisfied those terms BEFORE THE DEAL WAS FINALIZED, he was REQUIRED to.

Tranny did not know that this term could undo the deal, and how could he? He thought the Dan of the PM thread HAD the authority to finalize a deal, but he didn't.

And we know that he didn't, because he, contravening his own authority, finalized a private deal, without making sure his original terms were met FIRST. He had no authority to tell Tranny a deal was made, pending only Tranny's acceptance of the price, by his own rules. Buyers must meet ALL terms and conditions of a sale before it is final.

And, thus...the problem.

PS. This issue, as most issues, isn't about who is right, but what is right. Maybe we could then save the aspersions being cast about in that regard?

PPS. There is no "argument being put forward that once negotiations start, all the rules go out the window." That's not what is being said. Perhaps this will clear up that misunderstanding.

I am going to see Danzig in Philly and NYC back to back this October as he is performing Samhain sets. Dream come true!

Haha ! Congrats :applause:

First concert that you went to ? What was it ?

Billy Squier (In the Dark tour) opening for Foreigner on the 4 tour. Loved both and still do. She's a Runner and Jukebox Hero were my personal favorites from each band.

My wife like Foreigner, she's 29 lol