• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

How come so many threads become talk about heavy metal. Did I miss a memo?

Disco sucks :roflmao:

Funny Kiss got big on a disco label eh?

Haha ! It is and I was just kidding around so please no stones from lovers of Abba and the Bee Gees. :foryou:

I love all music though metal is at the top of the stack.

Haha ! It is and I was just kidding around so please no stones from lovers of Abba and the Bee Gees. :foryou:

metal has so many forms.. Evil, stitched to evil, and then there is Bruce dickenson..

What I listen to rocks, what you listen to sucks.

I can't deny my music snob-ness. Bit I listen to a large variety of music.

And I was mostly kidding. At least if it came across I listen to disco. I actually kind of agree that sucks. I guess I'm kind of the "1950's war comics" of music. I haven't been interested in much since the 90's at the latest. And most of the best stuff came out in the 50's through 70's.

G & R's opening for Aerosmith at the Fairgrounds in Sacto, circa 1988. My 6'6" 330 lb roommate had 4 busted ribs in the mosh pit. What a wimp. doh! I must have been saved wearing my batman shirt. :headbang:

G-N-R in 1988 - Perfect timing. Lucky you

Metallica at the kabuki before they blew up was even better. :headbang:

And I was mostly kidding. At least if it came across I listen to disco. I actually kind of agree that sucks. I guess I'm kind of the "1950's war comics" of music. I haven't been interested in much since the 90's at the latest. And most of the best stuff came out in the 50's through 70's.

Love the 50s rock n roll, love Motown! I can do without the late 60s all together. And the 70s and 80s have some gems. The 90s were tough as the best stuff wasn't mainstream and the 2000s birthed the internet music which eventually killed printed music, so most bands are more internet hype than anything else.

metal has so many forms.. Evil, stitched to evil, and then there is Bruce dickenson..

Bruce, Geoff Tate, Halford, and Dio all hold a special spot with me. Still, guys like Hetfield (especially on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning), Peter Steele, Ozzy, Blackie Lawless, Brian Johnson, etc. I love them all. :headbang:

Bruce, Geoff Tate, Halford, and Dio all hold a special spot with me. Still, guys like Hetfield (especially on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning), Peter Steele, Ozzy, Blackie Lawless, Brian Johnson, etc. I love them all. :headbang:

you gained my respect mentioning peter. Carnivore to Type O Negative, few could compare to that mans musical talents.

Love the 50s rock n roll, love Motown! I can do without the late 60s all together. And the 70s and 80s have some gems. The 90s were tough as the best stuff wasn't mainstream and the 2000s birthed the internet music which eventually killed printed music, so most bands are more internet hype than anything else.

How can you not love the late 60's?!? From the end of The Beatles to the beginnings of Zepplin and Floyd. Hendrix and Joplin. So much great stuff.

G & R's opening for Aerosmith at the Fairgrounds in Sacto, circa 1988. My 6'6" 330 lb roommate had 4 busted ribs in the mosh pit. What a wimp. doh! I must have been saved wearing my batman shirt. :headbang:

I was late to the Metallica party. 1st of 5 times I saw them was the Justice tour. I think The Cult was the opener

you gained my respect mentioning peter. Carnivore to Type O Negative, few could compare to that mans musical talents.

Agreed and right back at you. :banana:

How can you not love the late 60's?!? From the end of The Beatles to the beginnings of Zepplin and Floyd. Hendrix and Joplin. So much great stuff.

Don't like any of what you mentioned. And honestly, Zeppelin is a tragedy musically great band. But Robert Plants vocals are like nails on a chalk board

I was late to the Metallica party. 1st of 5 times I saw them was the Justice tour. I think The Cult was the opener

I would have seen them back then, but once that Black Album dropped... They were dead to me.

And Geoff Tate, damn. Forgot about him, great singer!

When they came out with the EP I thought possible next Maiden. The Warning came out and I don't think I turned it off except for school and work for a month or two and I thought these guys tell a story the way Rush used to and then Rage for Order hit and Queensryche became my all-time favorite band if I had to pick one.

Don't like any of what you mentioned. And honestly, Zeppelin is a tragedy musically great band. But Robert Plants vocals are like nails on a chalk board

:o

And we are back to square one :baiting:

1977 UK punk forever!