• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

First concert that you went to ? What was it ?

Billy Squier (In the Dark tour) opening for Foreigner on the 4 tour. Loved both and still do. She's a Runner and Jukebox Hero were my personal favorites from each band.

My wife like Foreigner, she's 29 lol

lol

Good music never dies. Haha !

Eric Clapton, I was in 5th grade.

Wow ! The man is a guitar god and my wife's favorite song ever is Wonderful Tonight. Very nice. :applause:

it was good for sure. I have been to at least 300 concerts in my life so far, so I have seen some greats.

How come so many threads become talk about heavy metal. Did I miss a memo?

Disco sucks :roflmao:

Funny Kiss got big on a disco label eh?

Haha ! It is and I was just kidding around so please no stones from lovers of Abba and the Bee Gees. :foryou:

I love all music though metal is at the top of the stack.

1977 UK punk forever!

you spelled black flag wrong..

Hey I own an original pressing of Nervous Breakdown and Henry kicked me in the back at a Rolling.band show in 1993 lol

Alright, let's look at this in maybe a little different way, and maybe convince Roy, Jaydog, and the others...

Let's consider the rule: " :takeit: posted in the thread trumps ALL PMs"

There is nothing wrong with this rule.

As stated before, a seller can have any (legal and board allowed) rules he/she wants.

The problem isn't the rule. The problem is that Dan didn't abide by that rule.

Here's why:

When Dan posted that rule, he bound himself by it. When he opened and concluded a deal in private, he essentially created TWO Dans, with TWO different sets of terms.

How?

Because the Dan of the sales thread said, unequivocally " :takeit: in the thread trumps ALL PMs"...and that includes any and all finalized deals that the Dan of the PM thread may have conducted.

If " :takeit: in the sales thread trumps ALL PMs", then Dan shouldn't have been able to finalize ANYTHING in PMs...the ACTUAL finalizing being done when the buyer posts :takeit: in the thread. But that's not what Dan did. He finalized a deal in PMs, without making sure the buyer fulfilled the original terms of the sale FIRST.

He essentially told Tranny one thing...but then did something else.

See, the Dan of the PM thread didn't have the authority...according to the rules of the Dan of the sales thread...to finalize ANY deal, without the buyer FIRST satisfying the terms already laid out. Dan had already bound himself by his own terms, but failed to make sure the buyer followed them before FINALIZING the deal (by virtue of Dan making an offer that he, Dan, would find acceptable.)

In other words: Dan of the PM thread had no authority to finalize any deal with anyone, without the terms Dan of the sales thread had already laid out being fulfilled first.

But Tranny had no idea that Dan of the PM thread didn't have that authority, because the idea is schizophrenic. Who would know that a single person would lack the authority to make a deal for his own property, because of the terms to which he'd bound himself beforehand, which terms he failed to make sure were fulfilled FIRST?

We know this is true, because it's actually what happened.

That term is the only one of all the terms that could immediately cancel an already finalized deal in favor of another buyer. All the rest of the terms did not have that power.

As such, it ended up being the central term of ANY deal, and as such, Dan was not only obligated to make sure the buyer satisfied those terms BEFORE THE DEAL WAS FINALIZED, he was REQUIRED to.

Tranny did not know that this term could undo the deal, and how could he? He thought the Dan of the PM thread HAD the authority to finalize a deal, but he didn't.

And we know that he didn't, because he, contravening his own authority, finalized a private deal, without making sure his original terms were met FIRST. He had no authority to tell Tranny a deal was made, pending only Tranny's acceptance of the price, by his own rules. Buyers must meet ALL terms and conditions of a sale before it is final.

And, thus...the problem.

PS. This issue, as most issues, isn't about who is right, but what is right. Maybe we could then save the aspersions being cast about in that regard?

PPS. There is no "argument being put forward that once negotiations start, all the rules go out the window." That's not what is being said. Perhaps this will clear up that misunderstanding.

There you go as in unburied post. I choose to stay out of the disagreement lol

And Geoff Tate, damn. Forgot about him, great singer!

When they came out with the EP I thought possible next Maiden. The Warning came out and I don't think I turned it off except for school and work for a month or two and I thought these guys tell a story the way Rush used to and then Rage for Order hit and Queensryche became my all-time favorite band if I had to pick one.

my all time favorite band is forever the misfits.

Kings of bad assery :headbang:

I'll tell you what's cool. My 22 yo son loves Type O, The Misfits, Rammstein, and Danzig. He grew up with all kinds of stuff to choose from out of my music collection from Elvis to 30 Seconds to Mars and everything in between. I think he made good choices. lol

I am going to see Danzig in Philly and NYC back to back this October as he is performing Samhain sets. Dream come true! [/quote

]with Doyle as well.Misfits and Danzig were on the same bill at Montebello this summer...i prayed for a surprise reconciliation but...no Cóck Sparrer was great tho.

You people are going to bury my post.

I spent a lot of thought on that post.

:sumo:

Sorry.we are having a good time though,and it was a great post.I read it and worried...this may get lost in the tomfoolery I helped create...

First concert was Morrissey in 1991, he was on his first US tour since the demise of the Smiths. I remember being disappointed that no Smiths songs were performed at that show but it was cool because it was the first show I ever went to.

Just to play devil's advocate. Why did the PM buyer bother to post I'll take it in the thread if he thought it was a done deal already?

^^

Finally!

Either was too busy to post it immediately (something like boarding a plane) and posted without even updating the thread, or (more likely) he did see the post in the PM and was letting that poster know "sorry I already took it".

Either way, I guarantee he thought a deal was deal. Like most of us do.

So....He had time to do all the back and forth PM ing but couldn't take another two seconds to post the I'll take it in the thread? But he found the time a few minutes after roulette did? Come on. The first prospective buyer needs to have some accountability for not adhering to the explicit terms of the listing. He unfortunately realized a bit too late his oversight.

-J.

. This could have played out in three seconds. Second One: Dan agrees to deal. Second two: roulette post I'll take it. Second three: Transplant post in thread(which would have been pretty damn fast.

Still Tranny's fault? I guess so because it's a stupid rule.

But that's "not" what happened. There are infinite variables here, but based on what "actually" happened roulette is the proper buyer. The first buyer did not post the I'll take it in the thread until several minutes after roulette did. He did not consummate the deal. Roulette did site Un seen so to speak. The earlier bird got the worm. How is this not a fair outcome ?

-J.

I disagree. A deal was consummated. But whatever...

Good lord, man we get it. The rule is black and white to you even if it screws people over. The point is: the rule is stupid and people should quit using it. As you said, there are a lot if variables, all of which could cause problems. It also would open the door to sellers directly screwing over people because they didn't post fast enough.

We get you don't think Dan did anything wrong. Most don't. I don't, but I would have given the book to Transplant. If I were Roulette, I would have passed the book on to Transplant. However, I don't fault him that he didn't.

Do you think that is a good rule? For what reason?

Yes I think it was a good rule because I understand the intent of it: Dan did not want to haggle he wanted his price he wanted his terms met unquestionably. If a buyer doesn't like the rules of the listing he can say screw this guy and his book and move on. Dan knew he had a hot book with a nice grade and he was "firm" in his price. He warned everyone an unqualified I'll take it in the thread would take the book over "ALL PMs". He is not screwing over anybody by following the rules he set out in the very beginning. Are u suggesting that he should have "changed" his own publicly posted rules and burned roulette, the guy who actually followed the rules ? That just makes no sense.

-J.

Then Dan and no authority to make, and shouldn't have made, a deal in PMs, by his own rule.

You have said, many times, that the rule is the rule.

You are correct.

However, not only do the potential buyers have to follow the rule, but so does Dan.

That's the thing with rules: they apply to everyone.

Just to play devil's advocate. Why did the PM buyer bother to post I'll take it in the thread if he thought it was a done deal already?

^^

Finally!

Either was too busy to post it immediately (something like boarding a plane) and posted without even updating the thread, or (more likely) he did see the post in the PM and was letting that poster know "sorry I already took it".

Either way, I guarantee he thought a deal was deal. Like most of us do.

So....He had time to do all the back and forth PM ing but couldn't take another two seconds to post the I'll take it in the thread? But he found the time a few minutes after roulette did? Come on. The first prospective buyer needs to have some accountability for not adhering to the explicit terms of the listing. He unfortunately realized a bit too late his oversight.

-J.

. This could have played out in three seconds. Second One: Dan agrees to deal. Second two: roulette post I'll take it. Second three: Transplant post in thread(which would have been pretty damn fast.

Still Tranny's fault? I guess so because it's a stupid rule.

But that's "not" what happened. There are infinite variables here, but based on what "actually" happened roulette is the proper buyer. The first buyer did not post the I'll take it in the thread until several minutes after roulette did. He did not consummate the deal. Roulette did site Un seen so to speak. The earlier bird got the worm. How is this not a fair outcome ?

-J.

I disagree. A deal was consummated. But whatever...

Good lord, man we get it. The rule is black and white to you even if it screws people over. The point is: the rule is stupid and people should quit using it. As you said, there are a lot if variables, all of which could cause problems. It also would open the door to sellers directly screwing over people because they didn't post fast enough.

We get you don't think Dan did anything wrong. Most don't. I don't, but I would have given the book to Transplant. If I were Roulette, I would have passed the book on to Transplant. However, I don't fault him that he didn't.

Do you think that is a good rule? For what reason?

Yes I think it was a good rule because I understand the intent of it: Dan did not want to haggle he wanted his price he wanted his terms met unquestionably. If a buyer doesn't like the rules of the listing he can say s few this guy and his book and move on. Dan knew he had a hot book with a nice grade and he was "firm" in his price. He warned everyone an unqualified I'll take it in the thread would take the book over "ALL PMs". He is not screwing over anybody by following the rules he set out in the very beginning. Are u suggesting that he should have "changed" his own publicly posted rules and burned roulette, the guy who actually followed the rules ? That just makes no sense.

-J.

That's your interpretation of his intent. I don't think he ever said his price was firm or wasn't willing to haggle.

Actually he did say that in this listing. (thumbs u

-J.

Then he broke his own rule by doing so.

The picture becomes clearer, no....?