• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

I like this young stallion. Bless him for his forthrightness. (thumbs u

Double deja vu

You posted the same thing twice already in the last month.

"Just musings" - posted in Gold on 8/6/14

"Slab a National Enquirer" - posted in Comics General on 7/16/14

He wants to make sure we get his message of wisdom.

I know and if I can help just one soul who is being lead astray by the modernist on these chatboards it will have been worth it, .

for all new collectors of anything be that comics coins sports cards or stamps

DO NOT buy and pay to have slabbed anything new as it is mass produced, it is saved in quantity it is near perfect as can be in the first place due to modern production methods and it will not be a demand the future. the demand will be for those things in each respective hobby which are VINTAGE and thus scarcer and rarer.