• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

I know and if I can help just one soul who is being lead astray by the modernist on these chatboards it will have been worth it, .

for all new collectors of anything be that comics coins sports cards or stamps

DO NOT buy and pay to have slabbed anything new as it is mass produced, it is saved in quantity it is near perfect as can be in the first place due to modern production methods and it will not be a demand the future. the demand will be for those things in each respective hobby which are VINTAGE and thus scarcer and rarer.

To be fair, there is one person you should talk to, that would benefit from your insight. You can PM this person HERE

You might also want to consider talking to this other person HERE

I think the conversation you would have with these two would benefit all three of you.

:banana:

So what you're saying.....is what you collect rocks, and what we collect sucks?

do you know ANYTHING about the history of stamp collecting or card collecting ? both which have/had an enormous fan bas compared to comics, as soon as the hobby reaches the saturation point where theyare being produced to be collected the value will never even exceed issue price 99.98% of the time and then to pay $20,00+++ to slab the modern drek???

did you know that stamps from the 1940's can be bought for less than face value? that's right LESS THAN FACE VALUE and a stamp actually has intrinsic value and can be used to mail items which we all still do,

a slabbed modern comic in 25 years= near worthless which a dealer will not even look at .

I know and if I can help just one soul who is being lead astray by the modernist on these chatboards it will have been worth it, .

DO NOT buy and pay to have slabbed anything new as it is mass produced, it is saved in quantity it is near perfect as can be in the first place due to modern production methods and it will not be a demand the future. the demand will be for those things in each respective hobby which are VINTAGE and thus scarcer and rarer.

mandy.jpg

That never gets old, Mike. :applause:

So what you're saying.....is what you collect rocks, and what we collect sucks?

do you know ANYTHING about the history of stamp collecting or card collecting ? both which have/had an enormous fan bas compared to comics, as soon as the hobby reaches the saturation point where theyare being produced to be collected the value will never even exceed issue price 99.98% of the time and then to pay $20,00+++ to slab the modern drek???

did you know that stamps from the 1940's can be bought for less than face value? that's right LESS THAN FACE VALUE and a stamp actually has intrinsic value and can be used to mail items which we all still do,

a slabbed modern comic in 25 years= near worthless which a dealer will not even look at .

Nope. You should learn me.

This really comes across as someone who wishes that what they collected was deemed more important by others than what they actually perceive it to be.

I would still rather have a copy of WD 1 over a Tell it to the Marines 1 and I don't own a single WD comic.

To be fair, there is one person you should talk to, that would benefit from your insight. You can PM this person HERE

You might also want to consider talking to this other person HERE

I think the conversation you would have with these two would benefit all three of you.

:roflmao: Oh, that was beautiful!

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

joey-old-people-o.gif

Are you alluding to Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy comic books?

you have mention a couple of the 0.02 % that is not drek, thank you

Were the GOTG comics drek a year ago? Six months ago?

If that answer is yes then they're probably still drek, just a handful of people don't realize it at the moment.

Were the GOTG comics drek a year ago? Six months ago?

If that answer is yes then they're probably still drek, just a handful of people don't realize it at the moment.

The 2008 series was one of my favorite titles. Great stories, fun read, good artists. What more do you want?

blood 1 or X-Force 1?

you have named a couple of the 0.02% of winners

hm